Drinking glasses in room?

rosegrower

This may sound silly but we are taking wine and Asti with us to enjoy on our balcony but are there glasses in the room to use? Do you have to ask your steward? We are bringing insulated glasses to use for coffee and iced tea but would not really want to drink our Asti from it. Should I bring a couple of $store glasses to use?

We went on RCI - Legend of the Sea, but do not recall if there were any drinking glasses in our cabin or not. I would be a little leary of asking the steward for glasses as they are suppose to charge a corkage fee for any personal wine brought on board. If you don't want to bring glasses, you could always go grab a couple from the pool or buffet and take back to your room.

Rose - Since you'll be on a Carnival ship, yes there will be glasses in your cabin, on a little tray with your ice bucket. If you need more glasses, the cabin steward will get them for you. Just ask.

Cruisin'newbie - Just curious...On RCI, surely you're not charged a corkage fee for having wine in your cabin? I think you must be mistaken about that?

On Carnival, the corkage fee (if charged at all) is only if you take your own wine to the dining room for dinner. There's certainly no fee charged for uncorking your own wine in your cabin.;)

Rose, if you don't want to have your wine in the cabin's water glasses, you can bring two wine glasses from one of the lounges to your cabin. Be sure and tell your steward NOT to remove the glasses. I do that. I rinse out my wine glass and keep it in my cabin during the cruise.:) Another little thing - If you forget to bring a corkscrew, ask the steward for one. I've gotten several Carnival logo corkscrews from my cabin stewards. Nice little memento.

Don't know about other lines, but on Celebrity, our room steward brought us fresh wine glasses every day and on the one day that he forgot, we call Guest Services and they were brought to our room in 5 minutes. No corkage for drinking in your room and no one cared that we were doing so. Only problem is if you decide to take your glass to a lounge. We did several times take ours to sit on one of the decks (without a bar).

We do this all the time. Just ask your cabin steward to have wine glasses in the cabin at all time. At night, we fill up those glasses and take to dinner. DO YOU REALLY THINK SOMEONE FROM THE SHIP IS GOING TO CHECK THAT YOU HAVE A BAR RECEIPT FOR THAT WINE IN THOSE GLASSES THAT YOU JUST TOOK TO DINNER!

Archived