Yacht Club Questions

megnut78

I apologize if these questions have already been asked - i have searched and am unable to find them.

I normally bring a portable fan with me on all my cruises, but this is the first time flying to my cruise and also sailing MSC.  If I request a fan from my butler, will they have any?

Also, is Internet included in the Yacht club and which plan?

Thank you!!

I am not sure about the fan.  The butlers are pretty amazing, just not sure if they would be able to get a fan.

There is no internet included with the Yacht Club you need to buy an internet package.  It would be best to buy it before you are on the ship as you will get a service charge added to your bill if you buy it on board.

1 minute ago, kevinrobedm said:

I am not sure about the fan.  The butlers are pretty amazing, just not sure if they would be able to get a fan.

There is no internet included with the Yacht Club you need to buy an internet package.  It would be best to buy it before you are on the ship as you will get a service charge added to your bill if you buy it on board.

Thank you Kevinrobedm!  I thought I read somewhere that it had internet.  Glad I asked.

Hoping someone can answer the question about the fan, as I can't sleep without one and dont want to waste the luggage space if I dont need to 🙂

1 minute ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I'm not sure about the fan, but I used a white noise app with a realistic sounding oscillating fan option! Do you need the airflow or just the noise?

Mostly the noise, but sometimes the airflow.  How is the air in the rooms?

42 minutes ago, megnut78 said:

Mostly the noise, but sometimes the airflow.  How is the air in the rooms?

We thought it was great. In fact, we didn't adjust the temperature at all in 7 days! It was always comfortably cool. 

We found that the airflow, or room temperature, was just OK in our YC1 cabin. We kept both thermostats set as low as they could be set and the temperature varied a lot especially in the middle of the night. We were sure that the room warmed up every night. We always woke up in the middle of the night to remove blankets. We also noticed that the temperature varied depending which side of the ship the sun was shining on. IMO, you will miss your fan.

As for Internet, some bookings have it as a perk. It was included in our booking last month, and is included in our next MSC cruise this coming December. Check your documents, any included perks will be listed. Otherwise,  Internet is not included and there are several packages available depending on the total number of devices that need Internet acces and the total amount of data needed for the entire cruise.