A few Zenith Secrets

oceanluvr

Loved this cruise! The Zenith is a nice ship, quite clean, very good service, and I loved the little special touches. BEWARE: They are cleaning the handrails with undiluted bleach all the time and they don't wipe it off! Several people I met had blisters on their hands and others had ruined clothing. We did the shore excursion in Costa Maya to the ruins in Chacchobben. Really cool ruins but I was dying of thirst on the way there (1 hr. in a nice bus). Make sure you bring some water. The tour guide was OK, kept trying to sell us things. The snorkelling was disappointing everywhere. We snorkelled off the beach in Playa San Francisco in Cozumel and saw very few fish. I heard the snorkelling in Costa Maya was similar. It rained in Cozumel, but the weather was not bad, still pretty warm, even on the moped we rented. The weather in Miami when we got back was freezing - and I'm from Colorado! We were in cabin 9090 and had no problems with the noise from anywhere. We also brought along an egg crate foam mattress pad and it made all the difference! And yes, we had lobster! Some of my table mates even ordered 5 of them each!! Also, before we boarded, we purchased a 12 pack of Coke and brought it onboard with no problems. :) :eek:

Archived