Taxi from Miami Port to FLL airport???

We are cruising from Miami port but flying out of Fort Lauderdale airport (at 1:15 p.m.) after disembarking. There are 4 of us and we are assuming that there will be taxis waiting at the port that we can hire. Has anyone done this? What would the cost be? We could arrange the cruiseline shuttle but was hoping to do the early self-disembarking people talk about and get our own taxi.

Anyone have experience with that? Thanks.

We just got back from the Valor and flew out of Ft Lauderdale. When we got off the ship there were people there with vans offering rides. There were four of us as well. They said they would take us there for $30pp. I laughed and then he came down to $25 but we told him we got a ride to the ship for $18pp and he said OK. I think this is about the going rate.

We've done it with no problems. With a 1:15 flight I really recommend getting your own taxi/van instead of waiting for a whole bus to fill up with people and luggage. The FLL airport is a zoo on cruise days and there can be a long wait in the security line.

Archived