unreliable people

JennieRC

A group of friends and I are planning a cruise and we have one person that is somewhat unreliable. Let's say she put her deposit down and then backs out.... what will happen? Will the other 2 people in her cabin get moved to a different cabin? I have no idea how these things work.

Thanks

A group of friends and I are planning a cruise and we have one person that is somewhat unreliable. Let's say she put her deposit down and then backs out.... what will happen? Will the other 2 people in her cabin get moved to a different cabin? I have no idea how these things work.

Thanks

No. Well, I'm assuming that there are 3 booked in the cabin, right? Cabins are sold per double occupancy, so it shouldn't change anything.

I feel for you though, my friend just backed out on me, for the 2nd time in 2 years,(shame on me!!) and with only a couple of weeks before final payment, I am left scrambling to find someone else with the cash to go.:(

I too have had the unfortunate 'back-out'. Actually, if there are 3 in the cabin and they are all splitting the total of the cabin - as in the 1st and 2nd passenger price, + the 3rd person, and divided by 3 to make it even for everyone, if that 3rd backs out, the 1st and 2nd will be higher.

I can say that the best thing to do is stress how important it is that they can be relied on, but as in my case, I'm sure you all did this too and still didn't do any good. I have a friend I don't even ask to go anymore, then she gets upset because I didn't ask her and I explain why. She makes her own reservations now if she wants to go and it dosn't mess up my plans.

If she backs out before final payment, she would get her deposit back without affecting the other two occupants if she is booked as the third person. If she is booked as #1 or #2, it could affect the reservation because they are paying full fare. Within 60 days, she would lose her deposit and incremental portions of her fare.

Basically if she is unreliable, then losing her fare would be a nice reminder that there are reprecussions in life. If she does back out, you can always change the reservation so that someone else can go. I believe there is a $50 fee to change the name.

Dave

If she backs out before final payment, she would get her deposit back without affecting the other two occupants if she is booked as the third person. If she is booked as #1 or #2, it could affect the reservation because they are paying full fare. Within 60 days, she would lose her deposit and incremental portions of her fare.

Basically if she is unreliable, then losing her fare would be a nice reminder that there are reprecussions in life. If she does back out, you can always change the reservation so that someone else can go. I believe there is a $50 fee to change the name.

Dave

Here is the name change info;

Can I make changes to a guest listed on my reservation?

Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the booking.

Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifRequest is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours)con_bulletgray_ico.gifCruise Only documents have been issuedcon_bulletgray_ico.gifAir Arrangements have been assigned and documents have been issued. Travel agents or guests should contact the Custom Air Desk for resolution of any incremental air charges encountered as a result of the changecon_bulletgray_ico.gifPre/Post Hotel arrangements have been assigned to the booking**Change fees are subject to change without notice.

Make sure to take lots of pictures and remember a lot of fun details about the trip. Upon your return make sure all of you make a big deal about all the fun you had and laugh a lot and carry on for weeks about the trip.

Nothing worse than a wishy washy friend. Maybe next time she will think twice.

Another problem I can see is if the 3rd person backs out and the other two decide they need to downgrade cabins to save some money they may not be able to if there has been a price increase. Recently seen this happen. Person had one cabin booked, another wanted to go so they got a larger cabin then that person backed out but the price of original cabin had gone up :( and their original great location cabin was gone.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Make sure to take lots of pictures and remember a lot of fun details about the trip. Upon your return make sure all of you make a big deal about all the fun you had and laugh a lot and carry on for weeks about the trip.

Nothing worse than a wishy washy friend. Maybe next time she will think twice.

I plan on doing just that.:) Last night, I spent the better part of 4 hours, rearranging, and adding cruises to make up for the April NOS cruise that I don't have a friend to go with now. Because of the JS, and the money, I was able to book one on the JOS, in a D1,(mid hump, deck 9, YEAH!!) and an SOS cruise(JS) for the same money, as the NOS was. I will go alone, because I no longer want to have this disapointment in the future. I want to look forward to it, not worry for months if they will back out!

I am still booked for a NOS cruise, but pushed it back to next year. I have a year to find someone, LOL, and MAYBE if I give one of my friends a year to save for it, she can do it.:) (not the one that backed out this year though)

I plan on doing just that.:) Last night, I spent the better part of 4 hours, rearranging, and adding cruises to make up for the April NOS cruise that I don't have a friend to go with now. Because of the JS, and the money, I was able to book one on the JOS, in a D1,(mid hump, deck 9, YEAH!!) and an SOS cruise(JS) for the same money, as the NOS was. I will go alone, because I no longer want to have this disapointment in the future. I want to look forward to it, not worry for months if they will back out!

I have decided that I would rather go alone this year, than to have to deal with someone else's crisis, or unreliable nature. I am still booked for a NOS cruise, but pushed it back to next year. I have a year to find someone, LOL, and MAYBE if I give one of my friends a year to save for it, she can do it.:) (not the one that backed out this year though)

You didnt cancel did you? I know you were looking forward to it, but I agree if you go alone you only have one person to worry about. Sorry you were unable to go on the NOS this year.

No. Well, I'm assuming that there are 3 booked in the cabin, right? Cabins are sold per double occupancy, so it shouldn't change anything.

I feel for you though, my friend just backed out on me, for the 2nd time in 2 years,(shame on me!!) and with only a couple of weeks before final payment, I am left scrambling to find someone else with the cash to go.:(

I just had that happen to me. Now I am stuck paying an adult fare for my 9-year old child. I can't cancel because I already told her we were going and she's looking forward to it.

You didnt cancel did you? I know you were looking forward to it, but I agree if you go alone you only have one person to worry about. Sorry you were unable to go on the NOS this year.

Hey Ken, no, not really. Just pushed it forward, got the same JS, which was really the biggest issue for me with this April's cruise. It was JS 9318, the best in my opinion. But I was able to get it for next year. But, the cruise I booked for was April 21st, and it's really not the date I wanted, however, the dates I wanted are not out yet. They told me the rest of the 2007 dates wil be out in late Feb. Yeah right, that's what they said last year, and it wasn't until after May.:rolleyes: So, when they do come out, I will jump on it again. This will be the 4th time I have changed the date of that cruise, LOL....only one of the changes was my idea.

I am happy about it though, as I have wanted to go on the Jewel for a while now. I am only taking the SOS for the credit, so I will be Platinum for the Jewel.:D Nah, not totally, I want to see the SOS too.:)

Archived