Why No Tell All Details Cruise Book

Mark

We all have heard about the tell all the nitty gritty detail books that come out about various subjects such as What Really Goes on in Buckingham Palace by let's say a former royal family butler. My question is why has there been no tell all book about what really goes on during cruises on a major cruise line. The book advertised on the Cruise Critic home page If I Were Not Upon the Sea is a nice book and is well written but is tends to be politically correct in what is said and what is not said.

Has there ever been a tell -all book published? If so, please post the name, author and publisher since I will try to get a copy. Every industry always has people who are will to tell all for the write price and I am sure that the cruise lines are no different.:confused:

Maybe I should have said a censored or sanitized version rather than politically correct. If that book was a movie it might get PG13 and I am looking for a MA rating book.

Another "tell-all" book is by CC contributor Joyce Gleason-Admidis, If I Were Not Upon the Seas. Joyce was a cruise director who married a Celebrity Captain, and she and her family live onboard. She's written a couple of articles for the CC newsletter in the last few months, one on holiday cruising, and another on ship security. If you're worried about salacious content, though, this book isn't for you -- apparently the author led a pretty wild life onboard, even after becoming a cruise director, and she isn't very shy about sharing the details. The book is available online, and in the store of almost every Celebrity ship.

I've read Ross Klein's book -- I didn't think it would be possible to write an entire book and never say anything positive about the cruise industry, but he did it (he also runs a website that chronicles every bad incident that happens to or on a cruise liner). The upside is that Klein backs up virtually every statement in his book with a reputable source.

I'm in the middle of Garin's book right now, and find it the most fascinating of the 3. It deals with the characters and personalities of the people who started the pleasure cruising industry in the U.S., and the companies they formed and ran. I think it's as close to a "tell-all" as you can get with respect to the business of cruising.

As for the juciest "tell-alls" about cruising, I've found that right here on the CC boards! Check out the Shipboard Love Stories forum, occasional posts on each of the cruise lines' dedicated forums for info on the lives of crew, and the Floataway Lounge for reports of how to get the best use out of a balcony, and reviews of the best place to "do it" onboard :eek:

John

• 1 year later...

Archived