Cruise Planner - False Advertising

21 hours ago, maranelloboy05 said:

Right, honestly I don't really have a problem with the price either way, however I don't like being fed a price and shown a price I can't actually buy the product for.

Did some digging on the FTC site and can't find any language for this exact situation, however even if its not actually illegal its about as close as they can get. I do automotive advertising for a living, the amount of compliance we go through is mind boggling and from what I've seen I'd be willing to bet this is illegal somewhere in the US.

See above.  As long as they can prove they offered and sold at least one unit at the listed price, starting from is legal.

• 2 weeks later...

May I suggest what we are doing (due to similar sticker shock for onboard prices) ... massages are available at our "beach day" resort for $45 + tip.  Recent trip advisor reviews indicate very good & professional massage, etc.  So we decided it was worth the risk with two-for-price-of-one and we're having our massages on the beach instead of on the ship!  :) 

• Like 1

The OP is definitely on to something! I noticed this exact same thing. I love to spa, and I am on the Cruise Planner right when it opens up. For my last two cruises, there were NEVER any massages that matched the lowest price. All times and days were available. So as previous posters have suggested, if this happens to you again, wait to book until you are onboard. There are better specials then.