Former Dreamers.....a question 4 you

Kansasgal

Is there only one formal night on the seven day sailing from Houston? My sister and I each have two formal dresses that we want to wear but will only take one if there is only one formal night. We thought there might be an extra since we have an extra day at sea since Cancun was cancelled. Thanks!!

All 7 day NCL cruise shave only ONE "optional" formal night.

But, you can dress formal on more than one night if you wish.

and you will find that only about 50% of the people on board will dress up even on formal night. Also, with the cruise coming out of Houston, jeans are acceptable as part of resort casual.

Hello Kansasgal- I was on the 01/07/06 sailing of the Dream out of Houston. Official formal night was Sunday night. However, I did notice that on the last night of the cruise, Friday night, some people did dress up again for dinner. It was a great cruise even without the Cancun stop- it was nice to have a couple of sea days at the end to relax. Hope you have as much fun on the Dream as we did- it has a great crew and they really made the cruise very enjoyable.

PS: A great way to enjoy formal night is to make reservations at Le Bistro- sure, you'll have to pay the specialty fee but it's a very nice atmosphere and the food there is great (go for the surf & turf (Rossini style for the filet mignon). Also, you won't have to wait in the lines in your formal attire for the Four Seasons or Terraces- it seemed that the lines were longer there on formal night. Ask for Dan and Arnold- they are great waiters and they really made our evenings in Le Bistro special (we ate there the last night of the cruise as well).

I too was on the 1/7 sailing - also really enjoyed Le Bistro twice - on formal night (without formal wear) and on the last night. Also really enjoyed the filet but the bernaisse style (I don't like foie gras) and DO NOT MISS the fondue.

So long answer short if you feel like you'd like to dress up more than once you can do that - but you likely will be in the minority. I never felt strange either way I dressed so its really up to you. Had such a great time - I'm envious that you haven't gone yet. :)

Archived