Confused about Specialty Restaurants

saginaw

I know this topic has been brought up alot lately but I'm still confused on one point! I realize there is a charge of $15 for Le Bistro and $25 for Cagney's but am I paying an extra $25 for lobster on top of the first charge for Cagney's? And how much extra are the Fire Star items at Le Bistro? Are the menus set for the whole seven days or do they change like the dining room?

Thank you so much for your help once again!!

I know this topic has been brought up alot lately but I'm still confused on one point! I realize there is a charge of $15 for Le Bistro and $25 for Cagney's but am I paying an extra $25 for lobster on top of the first charge for Cagney's? And how much extra are the Fire Star items at Le Bistro? Are the menus set for the whole seven days or do they change like the dining room?

Thank you so much for your help once again!!

No - the charge for Cagneys is $20 or $25 for a whole lobster not plus

Same menu year after year until they run out of live lobster which tends to happen toward the end of any cruise.

I have to admit I was also confused about this. I saw some of the menus online and also thought is was 25. to go the specialty restaurant and then if you wanted Lobster it would be an additional 25. for a total of 50. If this is not the case why would they even put that "surcharge" on the menu if you have already paid to go to that restaurant. So is everyone saying if we go to Cagney's we will just pay the charge to get in so to speak and if we order Lobster it won't cost extra....My husband is very curious....

Same menu year after year until they run out of live lobster which tends to happen toward the end of any cruise.

Yes, the closer to home port and out of Caribbean waters, the lobster traps on the back of the boat come up empty.

Couldn't resist. The thought went through my mind when I read the sentence - it's a ship in a massive ocean, you'd think they'd be in a position at all times to get fresh seafood.

Yes, the closer to home port and out of Caribbean waters, the lobster traps on the back of the boat come up empty.

Couldn't resist. The thought went through my mind when I read the sentence - it's a ship in a massive ocean, you'd think they'd be in a position at all times to get fresh seafood.

It is hard to trap Maine lobsters in warm water:D I don't think you will ever get a piece of fresh fish on a mass market ship. It is all frozen and portion controlled.

The cover charge is for the regular menu items. There are a few items that require a higher cover charge, so you pay the higher charge, not the basic charge plus the higher charge.

So, if the regular charge is $20, and lobster is $25, and you choose lobster, you pay the higher $25.

Archived