Mariner of the Seas after remodel cabin 8200

Yssmel

Hello, 

My family is sailing on the Mariner of the seas on September 2019. We booked the ultra spacious ocean view cabin  8200 , due to our kids age  we did not feel comfortable having to  split the family ( Me sleep with the girls in one room and husband in another  with my son ). So this room was a great alternative because it can fit 6  people. My kids  ages by then would be 6,8,9.   We liked the fact that the girls can  have the bunk beds and my son the 6 year old can have the sofa bed for himself but we have a concern about the room and was hoping someone here had booked the same room on the mariner or any other sister ships which in fact have the same layout. This is our third cruise with RCI   and it would be our first cruise with the kids. The other ships we sailed were smaller and  with less kids activities. We are a little concerned with room location and wondered if anyone has gotten sea sick in this room due to ship movement? We know being forward  the boat moves  a  bit more but some reviews do say not so much.   We tried getting connecting rooms elsewhere but  none available for sail date in a good ship location. Also, my son tends to put his sleeping bag  with his sisters when they are having a slumber party ...is there enough room for a sleeping bag in the little room(Just to know if I let him take it)? Its  a kid thing he gets nightmares and ends up moving with the girls at night or also to our bed.  We are very excited  about this cruise, it is our 10 year anniversary  so we wanted to renew our vows  informally on the boat. To book it with cruise line  is  more than what we feel comfortable paying so we are writing our own vows and having the kids witness and record it .  Has anyone done the adventure ocean program for kids? We would like the kids to be there at least 1 day of our 4 day cruise but we will play it by ear and see how it goes. We are open to any suggestions. Thank you ! 

If it's rough, you're going to feel it everywhere....if it's not, then there should be no issues.  Talk to your kid's pediatrician about what medication would be best, should they need it.  For the adults, over-the-counter Bonine works pretty good!  I would keep that cabin so that you don't need to "split up" the two of you...especially, on your anniversary!  

If you're driving, bring the sleeping bag....no real downside!  If you're flying, it's a bit bulky!

I think your "vow renewal" plan sounds great!  I see no need to spend money on something that is simply for you...and has no legal reason!

Your kids are at the PERFECT age to love Adventure Ocean.  Take them on the 1st night, when everyone is "new"...they will have a blast!  After all, this is their vacation, too!

I stayed in the same cabin category on Adventure of the Seas in November (cabin 6500).  I loved this cabin.  It was so bright and spacious!  We had 3 adults and it never felt crowded.  I think it would be perfect for your family.  

I don’t think there is room for a sleeping bag in the little room.  It was more like a walk in closet. There would be room between your bed and the windows.  

The closet space was fantastic.  Our cabin stayed tidy and organized.  The long shelf on the wall was much better than having a coffee table.  

There was a small chair and foot stool between the far closet and the wall, nice for looking out the window. I have only stayed in balcony cabins. It was neat to have this view.

We never felt movement.  We must have had incredibly calm seas.  

I’m sorry my pictures aren’t the best.  Someone posted a YouTube video of this room type when I asked about it.  I’ll post it if I can find it. 

Have fun!

FF5874CD-6763-4865-B30D-54E061700FC8.jpeg

0EDB8AAC-12BB-450D-943E-9EB9536A39B3.jpeg

D667D20F-2954-4437-BAE0-EF51349B8D4A.jpeg

32893916-EE85-4966-9EB4-208AD75DE0A5.jpeg

3EC422C4-4BA7-4824-BC1F-7EFC3C0CDCC8.jpeg

7541F63B-B559-4BC2-A674-6CCF39C17697.jpeg

5199AD96-7070-49A7-A9F3-399670BE5319.jpeg

979E4163-0EF6-4C3C-A949-3E41759219D8.jpeg

A9D8B397-5E34-453C-9CCB-3D982A88FABF.jpeg