Connections gathering - not always an Invitation!

Dancing Gal

Just retruned from Infinity Jan. 8 sailing and we had about 40 of us looking forward to the Cruise Critics Connection get together. In the past we all had received an invitation in the cabin, but this time they only posted it in the daily! If some of us had not exchanged cabin numbers, I am sure even more of us would have missed it. It was the first sea day (as expected), but around 10:00 am. I generally don't review the daily until I am up the next day.

We inquired to the CD (Jeff) and he said that sometimes they send invites and sometimes (with larger groups esp) they will just list it in the daily.

SO>>>> if you are planning a CC gathering, be sure to check the daily.

Have Fun

Nancy

I've had this problem as well. The only thing that I know to do is get a list of everyone's cabin numbers before the cruise so someone can call and let everyone know. Kind of a pain, but worth it to make sure everyone knows when the party is!

Terri

One thing that happened twice to us last year is the Event Coordinator was not able to download the Cruise Critic list. This is something they have been having problems with. On our Jan cruise we did our best to piece it together so we could have a party. On our October cruise, I planned ahead and got a list together of peoples names and cabin numbers and met with the event coordinator as soon as we boarded. It was a good thing as she was not able to get the list due to Hurricane Wilma,

Always have someone collect name and cabin numbers. Never collect last names. It's a safety thing to keep people from charging excursions to your cabin.

Archived