Celebrity Constellation Vietnam Visa

TimSYoung40145

I'm hoping someone will be able to assist with a query.

I'm travelling with two other family members on a cruise from Shanghai to Singapore on Celebrity Constellation, we are visiting two ports in Vietnam, if we booked on the ship's own excursions, would they be able to provide the necessary Visa for Vietnam?

We've had conflicting answers from several sources, including Celebrity Cruises themselves and wanted to hear what other cruise passengers have done regarding excursions.

In all comments I've seen here and in our personal experience, visas for Vietnam are issued on the ship.  Of course, things change and it's almost impossible to get a statement out of Celebrity because they don't want to be involved if there is a visa problem.  BTW, we visited three ports in Vietnam, used private guides in each (no Celebrity excursions) and had absolutely no problem getting the visas on the ship.  I don't recall if we brought passport size photos with us, just in case...I think we did....we had them taken at our local pharmacy.