Platinum help

TexasCruiser52

No they don't get platinum perks.  The only way you can get them priority boarding is to book one of you in each cabin. Then they will be considered priority for embarkation.  Then one person per room will need to go to guest services and get a door key for the other room so each family unit will physically occupy the correct rooms.  

Watch your folio to make sure charges from your adult son & his wife are not being placed on your card as well.

It's a easy fix if it is ,just takes time to go back to guest services to straighten out . Not unless you're expecting everything they charge while onboard is being paid by you.

I know it can be setup during your booking procedure but sometimes things go bonkers when they do the switch.

Edited by BoDidly

12 hours ago, TexasCruiser52 said:

I am going to book a room for us & another room for my adult son & his wife. I am paying for both. My husband & I are both Platinum. Will our kids have Platinum perks also ? Can they board with us ?

12 hours ago, BoDidly said:

Watch your folio to make sure charges from your adult son & his wife are not being placed on your card as well.

It's a easy fix if it is ,just takes time to go back to guest services to straighten out . Not unless you're expecting everything they charge while onboard is being paid by you.

I know it can be setup during your booking procedure but sometimes things go bonkers when they do the switch.

The OP never said they were booking the two platinums in separate cabins.  She just said that she's paying for both cabins.  So there won't be any switching.  When they do the check in online, all she has to do is only give her and her husband charging privileges for her credit card.  Her son and his wife do the same with their card. 

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

The OP never said they were booking the two platinums in separate cabins.  She just said that she's paying for both cabins.  So there won't be any switching.  When they do the check in online, all she has to do is only give her and her husband charging privileges for her credit card.  Her son and his wife do the same with their card. 

No but one of the reply's did state that if she booked herself in 1 cabin and her husband in the other then her adult kids would get the benefit of early boarding based on the cabin booking not their individual status. 

1 hour ago, phoneman69 said:

No but one of the reply's did state that if she booked herself in 1 cabin and her husband in the other then her adult kids would get the benefit of early boarding based on the cabin booking not their individual status. 

That's right , just wanted to lay it on the table for thought 😉