Time for turtle farm and beach?

tdoner

Hello,

I would like to see the sea turtles, but beach time is a must (looking into renting a cabana at RP). Do I have time to do both? Boat arrives in Georgetown at 7 and leaves at 330. Not sure how quickly we can visit the sea turtles.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, TravellingBritNY said:

You can spend as little or as much time at the Turtle Farm as you like.  I would do that first, then get a bus or taxi to RP.

Thank you! Would you still opt for the cabana? I need to make sure we get seats for my grandmother and I've read that as the day goes on, the beaches can get hectic

Exactly the info I came here looking for!  My kids want to see the turtles and go to the beach.  I guess we can catch a taxi at the pier?  And then catch another one at the turtle farm to take us to the beach?  How does that work?  Or is there a bus stop?  

2 minutes ago, bluejay555 said:

Exactly the info I came here looking for!  My kids want to see the turtles and go to the beach.  I guess we can catch a taxi at the pier?  And then catch another one at the turtle farm to take us to the beach?  How does that work?  Or is there a bus stop?  

That was my plan. I figured that would be the easier than coordinating a bus. Anyone know if there are Taxis waiting at turtle farm or beaches? Anyone know an estimate for taxi fare? 

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

give yourself ample time to get back to the tender dock because of the normally slow moving traffic which seems to get worse and worse every year in Grand Cayman. 

Wonderful tip! Did not consider the traffic

17 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Easy and quickest way is to use taxis!  :classic_wink:

Do give yourself ample time to get back to the tender dock because of the normally slow moving traffic which seems to get worse and worse every year in Grand Cayman. 

Thanks, do you know how much it would cost for the taxi?

This is exactly what my family and I were looking to do as well! we just booked our Cabana for the day 🙂 My Ship, MSC Seaside leaves at 4pm, so I would like to get there probably 45 before undocking, anyone have recommendations on when I should leave Royal Palms to make sure I get there 45 minutes before?