Paris?

Jane,

I appreciate you so much. Not many people would take the time to help make a strangers vacation better! I will take your advice and I really wish I could return your kindness. If ever you come to Seattle, please be sure to call on us, but Seattle is surely not as exciting as Paris. God bless you, sweet lady! Thank you.

Mary

Magill@ihmail.com

Mary,

You're most welcome! If I ever get to Seattle, I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks. :)

Years ago, before I knew Paris well and before I knew my Parisian friends that well, I was on a travel forum (before the internet) and planning a romantic week for DH and myself. I had narrowed down my search to 6 hotels in the 6th Arr. and one gentleman on our forum was an american who lived in Paris and liked to take a walk everyday after work. So, for 6 nights he walked by and into the lobby of every hotel I was considering and reported back to me. One hotel was renovating and had scaffolding all over the front and at another hotel, the city was digging up the street in front of it.... and so on, with comments about lobby furniture, decor, front desk personnel, etc. It was amazing how my choice quickly narrowed down to two fabulous hotels. I never met him - he was kind of shy and not social - but I can never forget how much I was touched by his kindness and how it avoided us staying in a hotel which would have had workmen in the hallways or one with jack-hammering outside our window.

What goes around, comes around.

If you give me the link when you narrow down your hotel choices, post them here, if you like. I've just looked at so many Paris hotel website, I can sometimes "read between the lines".

Happy vacation planning! (how did anyone do it before computers!!!)

Jane

Okay all this talk about Paris has me itching to go there now. Jane, thank you for helping with suggestions on hotels,shopping,etc. I've printed them out and will have to review them if we decide to do a land vaction this year. I'm going to have to put Paris on the short list. Would love to go back there!

Okay all this talk about Paris has me itching to go there now.

Me too!!!!

Jane, thank you for helping with suggestions on hotels,shopping,etc. I've printed them out and will have to review them if we decide to do a land vaction this year. I'm going to have to put Paris on the short list. Would love to go back there!

You're welcome. My pleasure.

I hope you get to go back soon!

I'm now looking into going for a long weekend there in Feb/March. I'm very lucky though, I have friends in Paris with a huge apartment that I can stay in anytime I want. (I even get my own bedroom and bathroom!!!)

So, I don't have to think about the cost of a hotel anymore - though when I go with DH, we usually stay in a hotel. I stay with my friends when I go by myself, about once or twice a year. Paris is a great, romantic city with my husband, but I really love going there by myself. Paris is a very easy city for a woman to be alone in.

Call me crazy but I buy my salt in Paris. The gourmet salt (fleur de sel, etc) costs about $15. here and I get it in MonoPrix for under $5.

If you're crazy, so am I. :p I stocked up on fleur de sel and some other seasonings at La Grand Epicerie last time in Paris. I am going to be so sad when I run out.

If you're crazy, so am I. :p I stocked up on fleur de sel and some other seasonings at La Grand Epicerie last time in Paris. I am going to be so sad when I run out.

Oh good, someone that can relate to me! I usually come home with about 3 different types of salts from various parts of the sea and with varying colors of white to grey.

You're obviously a foodie, so you may enjoy this website I found, called 1001 oils. It's in french but you can click on an english icon. The site gives alot of info about how to use lots of different oils. www.1001huiles.fr

Best regards,

Salty

Archived