welcome home dan and luvvin etc

kaseyoz

PS: Chaz, Hope you had a great cruise.

Hi Dan,

I had a great time!! Will find time on the weekend to write my review and hopefully post on Monday. Also hope to write my comment letter to P&O. We noticed the continued process of changes in line with other Carnival lines (especially Princess) which I don't think will work in the Australian market. We love fun ships and aren't so much interested in the 5 star luxury cruising. If we were we would cruise on the Princess ships when they travel down here...

There were less than 200 past passengers on our cruise and talking to a number of the first times this trend may continue. A lot of them said they had a nice holiday but it wasn't fantastic. They weren't sure what it was lacking but it wasn't all they expected or others had told them it would be. When we pressed them on it most of their complaints were things that have been changed and they would have preferred the old way of doing things. A lot of first timers we spoke to said they would not be in a hurry to cruise again which is the complete opposite of us, we can never wait to book the next one (in fact we are currently planning Easter 2007 on the Star)! We live in hope we can get them to change back!!!!!

I know alot of the crew are also not too happy with the changes. I overhead discussions a number of them were having where they couldn't wait to finish their contracts and get off and go and work for other cruise companies. The cruise staff kept encouraging us to tell P&O all of our suggestions & complaints. I guess as past passengers we have a responsibility to pass on our observations of the changes (I have been cruising for only about 8 years but Nan been cruising for heaps longer and seen many changes, most she doesn't like).

Had to go back to work today which was fun. Had over 300 unread emails from only 9 days off work!! I'm about half way through them. Didn't get second day wobbles as bad as last time. Probably because it was much smoother coming in this time. How about you, any vertigo?

Glad to hear you, Brad & Zac had a great time. I'm sure you have a similar attitude to us and let the negatives wash over you or see someone to have them fixed. There is nothing worse than people who whinge and let it spoil their holiday but do nothing about it or if there is nothing they can do continue to whinge and not just get over it.

I was pleased to hear the dinner change (i.e. the infamous no kids dinner) was not on the Sun and think this indicates that maybe it was just a Maitre 'd stuff up and will be changed on the Star.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I know what you mean about some of the changes. We thought that a couple of the nwe thigns were a little strange.

Still its great fun cruising and I dont think i could find a better holiday. It was interesting to hear the druise director talk about it and I herd him mention that the P&O ships in Aus are only 2.5 star. Its funny cause I think the service and quality is far beyond that, oh well each to their own.

Yeah as i mentioned we had a couple of minor things but in the scheme of things they really dont matter. The cruise is what ever you make of it and its up to each individual to make their cruise enjoyable. I think P&O do a great job at providing the tools but its up to the passengers to make it a sucess.

looking forwad to reading your review.

Cheers,

Dan

and ate dinner in bordeaux? im sure i kno who u r.. either u or ya bro were playin roulette on da same table as my bf on da last day hope u had a great time on there

I had a great time.

Roulette??? :confused: I dont think so. Hmm maybe...:rolleyes: Umm actually I dont know.:o

But I did realise who you were. But seeing as you told me not to say anything to your boyfriend i didnt mention it.

Oh well guess you'll never know!!

Cheers,

Dan:D :p

So Dan, are you posting any photos?

Will we be seeing a photo of you in a coconut bra and grass skirt?:p

Kazza:)

We took our camera and managed to forget it at just about every single oportunity we had for photo's.

There are some photo's of me in a sarong with my Hawaiian Shirt and Lei. But the grass skirt and cocanut bra didnt make an appearance. I dont think i was ever that drunk....

I'll have to wait for some of the photo's our friends took to get emailed to me so I can post them.

I think we have about 10 photo's in all. Its pretty sad when you get home and realise you have no photo's from your trip...

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I had a great time!! Will find time on the weekend to write my review and hopefully post on Monday. Also hope to write my comment letter to P&O. We noticed the continued process of changes in line with other Carnival lines (especially Princess) which I don't think will work in the Australian market. We love fun ships and aren't so much interested in the 5 star luxury cruising. If we were we would cruise on the Princess ships when they travel down here...

There were less than 200 past passengers on our cruise and talking to a number of the first times this trend may continue. A lot of them said they had a nice holiday but it wasn't fantastic. They weren't sure what it was lacking but it wasn't all they expected or others had told them it would be. When we pressed them on it most of their complaints were things that have been changed and they would have preferred the old way of doing things. A lot of first timers we spoke to said they would not be in a hurry to cruise again which is the complete opposite of us, we can never wait to book the next one (in fact we are currently planning Easter 2007 on the Star)! We live in hope we can get them to change back!!!!!

I know alot of the crew are also not too happy with the changes. I overhead discussions a number of them were having where they couldn't wait to finish their contracts and get off and go and work for other cruise companies. The cruise staff kept encouraging us to tell P&O all of our suggestions & complaints. I guess as past passengers we have a responsibility to pass on our observations of the changes (I have been cruising for only about 8 years but Nan been cruising for heaps longer and seen many changes, most she doesn't like).

Had to go back to work today which was fun. Had over 300 unread emails from only 9 days off work!! I'm about half way through them. Didn't get second day wobbles as bad as last time. Probably because it was much smoother coming in this time. How about you, any vertigo?

Glad to hear you, Brad & Zac had a great time. I'm sure you have a similar attitude to us and let the negatives wash over you or see someone to have them fixed. There is nothing worse than people who whinge and let it spoil their holiday but do nothing about it or if there is nothing they can do continue to whinge and not just get over it.

I was pleased to hear the dinner change (i.e. the infamous no kids dinner) was not on the Sun and think this indicates that maybe it was just a Maitre 'd stuff up and will be changed on the Star.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Thanks Chaz for that honest review.

I also am a person that if I think something needs correcting I will go and talk personally with the person in charge..If they don't know about it ...they can't fix it.

So...anyone with suggestions for improvement please contact P&O.

I am sure they would want their passengers to be happy.

Marleneann.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived