Paddle Boarding in La Romana

cuccicruisers

Recently visited La Romana on the Carnival Horizon. I wanted to paddle board in 2017 on a previous trip there but a rotator cuff injury changed my plans.

Fast forward to 2019 and I found the same company I wanted to book in '17 was still up and running with continued great reviews. We reached out to Bayahibe Sup and was promptly responded to by the owner Mari. Our excursion was set up quickly and no money was requested up front. Mari arranged the transportation as well and the costs were reasonable. Future correspondence was responded to quickly and we waited anxiously for our cruise.

The day of the excursion was bright and sunny with a warm breeze. Transportation went off without a hitch and we found ourselves in the relaxed village of Bayahibe. Another couple that had booked the tour was unable to make it so we had a personal tour for no additional cost. Equipment was well cared for and our guide was Mari the owner of the company. Mari is from Sweden and is a sweetheart. She knows the reefs and guided us safely through the marina and more shallow areas. We paddle boarded for approximately an hour where we at stopped a secluded beach for a snack, water and fruit that Mari had prepared. Mari walked the beach…all the while picking up refuse. You can tell she cares deeply about the environment and residents of the island. After a rest we returned to the village. Return to the port was easy and under 15 minutes. Mari surprised us by taking photos and e-mailed them to us for no fee.

Will definitely consider another tour with Mari in the future.