Food Quality & Upselling

The decline in food quality seems to be a frequent topic of many people on Cruise Critic.  What steps are being taken to address the complaints? 

I also have seen many complaints about upselling of specialty dining on Cruise Critic.  I know I would be annoyed with this tactic.  What steps are being taken to address this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

@mnkauf, I think it starts by buying goods and services from local suppliers. This comes through in food quality at Hurtigruten through a concept we call Norway´s Coastal Kitchen. By trading locally, we reduce transportation emissions to a minimum and increase the knowledge and understanding of local food, customs, and cultures among our guests. Knowing the source also ensures the well-being of animals and the safe origin of other ingredients. Norway´s Coastal Kitchen has changed our entire onboard food concept; we've abandoned all industrial processed food, and we ensure no endangered species are on our menus. Instead, our guests get to experience tasty and healthy food from local suppliers throughout the their entire journey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1