Can you see the Cliffs of Moher from the ferry out of Rossaveal to Inishmore?

mikeerdas

Some reviews of Aran Island Ferries mention being able to see the Cliffs of Moher. I plan on taking the ferry from Rossaveal to Inishmore. Can you see the Cliffs of Moher on this route, or might people be confusing things with ferries to Inishmore out of Doolin?

I have been on the ferry out of Doolin specifically to Inishere and on the return trip took the water view of the Cliffs of Moher. I have not been to inishmore but my strong suspicion is that you would not be able to see the Cliffs of Moher except in the far distance so I'm sorry to disappoint but I cannot see how that would be possible.

2 hours ago, irisheileen said:

I have been on the ferry out of Doolin specifically to Inishere and on the return trip took the water view of the Cliffs of Moher. I have not been to inishmore but my strong suspicion is that you would not be able to see the Cliffs of Moher except in the far distance so I'm sorry to disappoint but I cannot see how that would be possible.

Thanks Irish Eileen. I've been to the Cliffs of Moher myself; not been to Inishmore. Taking the family to Ireland for the first time. Our itinerary is a bit aggressive and I was looking to cut out a visit to the Cliffs of Moher because they're a bit out of the way from our main route.

Some say if you see the cliffs of Inishmore, then you can safely give the Cliffs of Moher a miss. What do people think?