Photo - Port Everglades Noon on 18 Jan

Minne Wonka Girl

Thanks for keeping us up on the local angle, Minnie Wonka Girl!

Do you live in the condos? I'm so jealous!

Looks like we are getting better news than those on board. I so hate to be left out of the loop when it's MY loop they're playing with!

My thoughts go out to the Commodore passengers and crew. It must me scary- You don't know if your vacation (or job!) is totally ruined, if you will have to miss ports further along or rush what should be a nice relaxed cruise. And of course, what if they get to the new Long Beach Pier and discover the original QM has already left for parts unknown! <G> Now THAT would be one for the history books!

Hey! I was wondering, does anyone know if she is still floating or if she is up on some sort of base? (The original QM, that is) There are plenty of floating hotels and restaurants, but I imagine that would require regular inspections and scraping of barnicles and such. I've never been there, and don't know how they set her up as a hotel.

Well, Off topic. Sorry.

Karie,

still home sick

Thanks for keeping us up on the local angle, Minnie Wonka Girl!

Do you live in the condos? I'm so jealous!

Looks like we are getting better news than those on board. I so hate to be left out of the loop when it's MY loop they're playing with!

My thoughts go out to the Commodore passengers and crew. It must me scary- You don't know if your vacation (or job!) is totally ruined, if you will have to miss ports further along or rush what should be a nice relaxed cruise. And of course, what if they get to the new Long Beach Pier and discover the original QM has already left for parts unknown! <G> Now THAT would be one for the history books!

Hey! I was wondering, does anyone know if she is still floating or if she is up on some sort of base? (The original QM, that is) There are plenty of floating hotels and restaurants, but I imagine that would require regular inspections and scraping of barnicles and such. I've never been there, and don't know how they set her up as a hotel.

Well, Off topic. Sorry.

Karie,

still home sick

Hey! I was wondering, does anyone know if she is still floating or if she is up on some sort of base? (The original QM, that is)

She is in water, but a stone levee has been built completely around her, very close. Were she to sail off, she'd have to jump the levee. :P

She's still in her berth in Port Everglades.

[ATTACH]15472[/ATTACH]

Hi Monne Wonka Girl,

You bet, that I'm jealous, I would kill for that view:D ...

Anyway, I should be on her on April 13th, wenn she returns back to Port Everglades (again!), if you could do a shot and put in again on the boards, that would be very very very nice....:)

I usually go ship-watching on these rocks next to the Pointe of Americas-Condos, very nice place indeed...

Thanks for keeping us updated, she should sail now this evening, that's what Cunard just has announced.

Thanks for keeping us updated...

Cheers,

Phil:)

Archived