Sunset Beach Resort Information

I haven't seen anything recently about sunset beach resort. I plan on going next month. Has anyone been recently? If so, could you give a report? What do you recommend for food and drinks? What about the 3 beaches? Are both individuals required to be totally nude on the nude beach? It's advertized clothes optional. What about the topless beach?

Is it seperate from the regular beach? Is the resort crowded?

How do you like the resort?

thanks for any information..............

We visited in April last year and enjoyed it - at $20 each it was a bargain. At $40 we would still return. We just ate at the places next to the beach, and got our drinks from the beach bar. We were there mainly for the sun and beach not the drinks and food. I don't even remember what we had to eat (not much), and as far as drinks - diet Coke for my wife and beer for me.

At the beach, a little over half way along to the beach bar was a sign that indicated topless area (topless allowed) and there were three or four ladies enjoying a little extra sun. We talked to one such couple and they were on holiday from England. They enjoyed staying at the resort and said it was very reasonably priced.

Past the beach bar (and past a breakwall) was the nude beach area. Just a few people on it and the beach wasn't maintained as well. Folks enjoying the nude beach were required to be nude, it was not clothing optional. Anyone who started to walk into that area were contacted by staff and advised that it was okay to go in and select chairs without disrobing, but then must take it all off to stay. Gawkers were not allowed to stroll the nude beach. Just a short distance onto the nude beach there were three young women who had their chairs just into the edge of the water, who were working on their all over tans. Every so often one of them would cover up and walk back to the beach bar to get drinks for the group. The other folks enjoying the nude beach were couples who seemed to just stay put in their chairs. In that area there was lots of room between chairs so no one was real close to others. At the main beach the chairs were fairly close to each other (in a single row).

We were there last last month. I will just add to L_T report. We too were there for the beach and sun, though I did thry the "Jerk" chicken (very spicy). They had a buffet going as well as a couple of food bar type places.

Lots to do. Very nice water park with a couple of slides and a lazy river.$40.00 also gives you access to snorkeling equipment, kayaks, tennis courts, basketball court, shuffleboard, pool tables, putt putt golf. There may be other things I can't remember. They will also provide you towels free of charge if you don't want to carry your cruise line towels.

Resort wasn't very crowded at all and I wouldn't hesitate at staying here for a week. Very clean. Only small complaint I had was that beer was served in small plastic cups so I just ordered 2 at a time. I believe it was coke products that they offered. Resort is literally less then a mile from docks. You will be able to see your ship from resort.

At $20.00/pp this would have been a steal and @ $40.00/pp it was still a pretty darn good deal. If we ever stop in Mo Bay again this will be where we go.They also accept credit cards for payment if you don't want to carry cash.

Be aware that they will request to hold on to your sail & sign card while you are @ the resort. Not a big deal, they give it back when you leave.

THanks for the reviews. We will be there next month (2-26-06) and are planning to spend the day here, then do some shopping before boarding the Conquest.

Could anyone tell me more about the buffet restaurant? I see they serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Would it be worth it to have a light breakfast on the ship and then eat there? Since it is all inclusive, I would like to take advantage of all taht I can while I am there!

Also, the coke products are all included...how do they serve them? Can you get unlimited cans or bottles? Or do they pour you cups from 2 liters or cups from a fountain machine?

TIA!

Miranda

We ate at the beach snack bar/eatery, so did not go into the restaurant. We had breakfast on the ship before getting off so wasn't interested in eating much - sun & sand were the prority that day for us! Didn't even try the pool and swim-up bar.

Coke was from a fountain machine - and small cups were used. Friends took their own insulated drink cups and the servers had no problem filling them up all the way.

Sea_breaze has good info - I forgot about the towels - the resort provides them if you ask for a towel card when you check in. We didn't use any of the beach toys - just relaxed in the wonderful sunshine. Our S&S cards were taken at registration and easily returned at the guard shack when we left. We enjoyed it enough that we have considered returning someday for a week or so.

Do you just get off the ship & head there to register? I haven't been able to find anywhere where you register for this first. Assume you can just take care of it when you get there and that crowds aren't a big problem??

I'll be there in 2 weeks and looking forward to the resort.

Snorkling gear was mentioned. Is this area a good place to snorkel?

Also curious once you arrive at the gate. Do you just walk in and head toward the front lobby? Where do you leave your sign and sail cards?

Is the topless beach seperate from the regular beach?

Thanks very much for any information..................

I'll be there in 2 weeks and looking forward to the resort.

Snorkling gear was mentioned. Is this area a good place to snorkel?

Also curious once you arrive at the gate. Do you just walk in and head toward the front lobby? Where do you leave your sign and sail cards?

Is the topless beach seperate from the regular beach?

Thanks very much for any information..................

Don't know anything about the snorkeling. The taxi driver will take you in the gate up to the main entrance. The check-in (reception) area is at the right side of the lobby and they will take your S&S card (get them back when you leave, back at the gate guard shack). Take a look at the photo of their beach. The topless area starts about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way down the beach in the photo - no change in the chair set up or anything, just a sign (well, also the probability of some ladies enjoying extra sun). In the photo the beach appears to end at a breakwall, where a beach bar is found. The nude beach is seperate, and is located beyond that point. You will have a grand time!

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/about.asp

Be aware that they will request to hold on to your sail & sign card while you are @ the resort. Not a big deal, they give it back when you leave.

Why do they need your sign and sail card? That card is the only way back on the ship isn't it? Sounds pretty scary to me.

Please advise.

Just read where you all are going to be at Sunset Beach Resort. When are you all going? We will be there around Feb 7 or 8 and are gonna check out the nude beach for the day. We will be on Carnival Conquest.

As a matter of fact, we are getting married on the ship! :)

Annette

We were there in January. It was really nice. The water park was a blast and Im not even a big fan of things like that but really enjoyed it. The view at the top of the slide is awesome. The jerk chicken is to die for...really yummy. We just went to the outside restraunt in our swimsuit and took the food right on the beach. Try the banana daq. It is really good. the drinks were pretty strong for being free ones. the beach was really nice and clean and the people were pretty friendly. Don't worry about leaving your sign and sail cards. It is a very nice professional place. We had a group of 16 and no one had a problem with anything.:)

Archived