Las Caletas Hidden Beach Opinion & Is Slide Open?

jerseygirldawn

Hey,

so we are taking a carnival cruise March 2. It stops one day from 9-9 in PV. This las caletas sounds like a fun option.

It’s $145pp now. Others are saying it’s $109 or $104. Why is my carnival excursion coming up $145? Has anyone else paid that much? 

Does this excursion ever sell out? Do I have to book it in advance or is it one of those activities that I can book once I’m on the ship and they start giving out excursion discounts?

I would have booked this activity through the company itself but ended up having to go through the ship because we dock at 9 but the tour leaves at 8:30. The cruise itinerary is custom for our cruise. 😞 For those that have been on this excursion is it worth $145pp? 

I was told the slide life is closed for repairs. Does anyone know when it’s supposed to reopen? 

A subjective answer about excursion "worth" is a tough one. Almost as difficult as asking if it is safe to get off the ship.

The size and age diversity of your party will have a huge impact on your "price vs. value received" experience.

We have been to Las Caletas about a dozen times over the last 2 decades. We have watched it evolve and expand over the years to offer activities that appeal to all age groups.  Value for the money? If you want a beach day that includes national drinks, a tasty buffet meal, organized water activities, a variety of optional for-fee activities and no beach vendors in your face . . . then it might be worth the cost.  If you have kids, then the value goes up.  The ride to Las Caletas is informative and offers breakfast snacks. The return trip is all entertainment and open bar. The adult beverages are national drinks. Don't expect Heineken beer or chocolate martinis.

My current cost, booking online, is $118 USD. We are in our 60's and only go if we happen to have guests with us. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to understand cruise ship pricing. Cruise ship pricing was much higher than direct booked pricing for many years. Then the cruise ships were charging less than direct booked pricing for a couple years. Now it appears that, at least for Carnival, they are charging more again. 

If you are going to evaluate "value" based solely on the price paid, then you will likely be disappointed. If you want a beach day that is vendor-free and has a variety of activities that you can participate in without having to worry about food or restrooms . . .  then this is a great excursion.

Enjoy!

13 hours ago, MSN-Travelers said:

A subjective answer about excursion "worth" is a tough one. Almost as difficult as asking if it is safe to get off the ship.

The size and age diversity of your party will have a huge impact on your "price vs. value received" experience.

We have been to Las Caletas about a dozen times over the last 2 decades. We have watched it evolve and expand over the years to offer activities that appeal to all age groups.  Value for the money? If you want a beach day that includes national drinks, a tasty buffet meal, organized water activities, a variety of optional for-fee activities and no beach vendors in your face . . . then it might be worth the cost.  If you have kids, then the value goes up.  The ride to Las Caletas is informative and offers breakfast snacks. The return trip is all entertainment and open bar. The adult beverages are national drinks. Don't expect Heineken beer or chocolate martinis.

My current cost, booking online, is $118 USD. We are in our 60's and only go if we happen to have guests with us. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to understand cruise ship pricing. Cruise ship pricing was much higher than direct booked pricing for many years. Then the cruise ships were charging less than direct booked pricing for a couple years. Now it appears that, at least for Carnival, they are charging more again. 

If you are going to evaluate "value" based solely on the price paid, then you will likely be disappointed. If you want a beach day that is vendor-free and has a variety of activities that you can participate in without having to worry about food or restrooms . . .  then this is a great excursion.

Enjoy!

Thanks msn. Yes we do have two kids with us (14&5). We don’t just like to lay around although a degree of lounging would be nice. We want to be active. We don’t drink alcohol. The website price I see is $139 for an adult. Maybe it went up? 

I guess my question is subjective. Just wanted to get opinions. Like in the Bahamas when we stayed at Atlantis, the tour with the snorkeling and iguana feeding was not to be missed (IMO). It was by far my favorite thing we’ve done there. In Costa Rica the standout was the horse ride with zipline tour.... 

i was wondering if las caletas was that to anyone or should I keep looking? 

Resort vacationers have an advantage over cruisers. We enjoy the freedom to book direct with Vallarta Adventures or a variety of third party tour brokers. We are able to book a single excursion direct with VA and get a 15% discount. Book two excursions and get a third excursion free.  You folks arriving on a ship are bound by the contract price the cruise industry has with VA.

You and your kids will love it!