Princess Majestic

sparky166

Hi. We are considering the Princess line for the first time on the Majestic from Shanghia to Sidney. I would appreciate any info good or bad that could assist me to make a decision

before we go ahead with the booking. The last 6 cruises we had was with RCCL. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

John.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for that information. I noticed your location is Nova Scotia, I always wanted to visit there from teachings at school in Glasgow, the name always caught my attention being it meant New Scotland, so we had a cruise there last September and we loved it. A lovely part of the world.

12 minutes ago, sparky166 said:

Thank you for that information. I noticed your location is Nova Scotia, I always wanted to visit there from teachings at school in Glasgow, the name always caught my attention being it meant New Scotland, so we had a cruise there last September and we loved it. A lovely part of the world.

Thanks, indeed, there's no place like home! Glad you enjoyed it.  Many Irish here as well, who must have travelled to the four corners of the earth, some voluntarily and, others, not so much! We spent two weeks touring Ireland (where my ancestors originated from before the famine) and have yet to get to Scotland.

Have your booked a cruise on the Majestic? We're doing two Down Under cruises on it Jan & Feb 2020, with a Golden Princess cruise in-between from Melbourne. First, and perhaps last, journey on such a long flight!

We've also sailed on RCCL five times and like it. Having made top tier on Princess, the excellent perks we get keep us coming back. No cruise line is perfect. Food is subjective, so one of the best tips I could give you is that if you enjoy the shows in the large theatre, you must get there at least 30 minutes early or you won't get a seat. We dine a little earlier than we'd like in Anytime Dining (often missing sail aways) so that we can enjoy the evening entertainment around the ship.

Edited by Adventures ahead
  • Like 1

We travelled to New Zealand 2 years ago but not on a cruise ( all fully booked at the time ) New Zealand is really beautiful, same type of scenery as Scotland which is also well worth a visit. But as you say it is a long way to fly. 23 hours from the UK.

Just now, sparky166 said:

We travelled to New Zealand 2 years ago but not on a cruise ( all fully booked at the time ) New Zealand is really beautiful, same type of scenery as Scotland which is also well worth a visit. But as you say it is a long way to fly. 23 hours from the UK.

Similar flight time from Halifax but typically east to west.