Theme Nights on Grand Princess

tonyt

Can a recent cruiser tell me if they have "Theme Nights" onthe Grand Princess and if so, what they are and when?

I saw another thread that said they do not have a western night, which surprised me.

tonyt

We just finished our cruise on the Grand last week. There were theme nights. They had a 50s & 60s night, which included a sock hop. There was a Country Western night. There may have been more, I just don't recall.

I hope that helped.

There was also "Island Night" with 2 bands on the aft decks. This was a favorite of mine.

I would like to know what theme nights they have as well too. We just received our tickets yesterday, and there was no information about theme nights (it wasn't in the previous packet of information I received a few weeks ago either). I haven't called Princess yet, but do the customer service reps usually know about this kind of information? They certainly aren't informed about other things about the Grand (port changes, excursion questions, etc.) I am not looking to start a debate about their customer service, just trying to find out more information.

Thanks.

Jeff

I am going to call our TA....who is typically useless when I ask a question, but on the off chance he knows.....I would like to be prepared , if there is a western night.... Do people dress up in the theme of these nights? I dont want pack jeans, vests, ect....if I wont need it.

Do people dress up in the theme of these nights? I dont want pack jeans, vests, ect....if I wont need it.

On the Grand, although they have theme nights, we have found that the majority of cruisers DON'T DRESS UP, but some of the cruise staff does. On "Island Night" however, most people atleast have on Hawaiian shirts or something.

Archived