Superstar Gemini

mummsie

Hi Bev, glad that you enjoy this thread and have picked up good info here.

I have stayed in 7319 and liked it. While it is not huge, it is comfortable and has a nice big window at an angle, with great views aft. It has a nice sized vanity/desk with chair, and there is a nice cushioned chair and more seating just near the bed (bottom right in the photo) Just keep in mind that Gemini is a small ship and the cabins and even suites reflect this. I think you will be happy with this JS.

7019 is the mirror image on the port side of the ship.

Below is a photo of JS 7319

Hope this helps you.

Mike

109_0904_1.jpg?t=1190879452

E onboard, Bon Voyage and happy cruising to you. I know you will have a ball.

boeckli hi, as far as all this talk about deployments and sales, first I would prefer to wait until Star Cruises makes an official announcement regarding all this. I believe that some announcements will be forthcoming.

I will say now, that Star Cruises knows what they are doing. They study market feasibility very carefully before making any decisions. Sure, mistakes have been made in the past, but I believe they have learned from them. While "we" may not approve of, or understand some of their decisions, I am positive that these decisions have been thought out and planned under strict scrutiny, many times over. "We" have to remember that Star Cruises is in business to earn money. Therefore all decisions made by them is to grow their business.

Anyway, let's wait and see what they announce and also their plans for deployments and itineraries for 2008.

Mike

Hi All

We had a few drinks with our Cruising group tonight. and one of the group said we need 2 passport photos to use with our Vietnam visa. They are the only ones that have this request on their paper work.I have check ours twice and can not see any request can any one help with this

Thanks Again for the help not long to go now

Roger

Hi All

We had a few drinks with our Cruising group tonight. and one of the group said we need 2 passport photos to use with our Vietnam visa. They are the only ones that have this request on their paper work.I have check ours twice and can not see any request can any one help with this

Thanks Again for the help not long to go now

Roger

We had the same question B4 departure - took some just in case but did not need them.

Hi Mike, another question. Is there a laundry on the Gemini? We will probably have to do at least 1 load of washing as we will be in Singapore for a few days before embarking. Cheers Gayle

Did you use any private tour guides in Singapore

Hi All

Just checked into hotel after disembarkation. Wow, what can I say, the best holiday I have ever had in my life, the ship is incredible, service like i have never experienced before, so sad at leaving, anyone ever asks me my opinion it is always to be amazing.

Not one thing I could complain about, food excellent, service excellent, cruise in itself excellent, value for money excellent.

I have saved all the navigators for the last 2 weeks and will scan them for anyone who might be interested. Entertainment was fantastic and there wasn't one dud show, only trouble is now that a couple of the entertainers are going on leave and i cannot say what the replacements will be like.

Heidicha was actually fantastic, I was a little bit worried at the beginning but she is great and all of her staff likewise.

Anyhow. have to get my last look at SG today and tomorrow before we fly back.

I found HCMC to be chaotic but one has to see it, the one thing which was good there was the buffet in the Rex Hotel for $9.00USD.

Cheers

Les

Well with SS GEMINI departing the Star fleet late 2008 presumably SS LIBRA will take over the SS GEMINI itineraries ? Any other vessel would be too big would it not ?

Are Star ever going to get off their backsides and publish itineraries for the rest of the fleet beyond 04/08 ? The Beijing Olympics will be gone and forgotten and Star will still be stuffing around . The SS Gemini itineraries through to Dec 2008 were announced a month ago and yet the website has still not been updated to reflect the changes. Does anyone at Star Head Office care in co-ordinated marketing and sales ?

There is very poor attention to detail in Star PR, even the latest Press Release re sale of SS GEMINI is incorrectly headed it says "CRUISES sells SS GEMINI" when it should say "STAR CRUISES sell SS GEMINI" . Useless sending them an e-mail as they just ignore you, in that Asian "we won't lose face way ." Pity such a brilliant product is backed up by such poor marketing and PR .

Hello..First time on here.

Some quick background info..booked FF points to Sing April 2008 and desperately await timeshare exchange for Phuket that is looking like a no go. Suggested to wife and 7 yr old son perhaps Cruise. Found a SS Gemini to KL, Langkowi, Phuket at that time, surfed everywhere for info and finally found this stream. I started at page one and then at page 8 jumped to the end. Your comments have really helped.

Already worked out an outside cabin with porthole..thanks Deck 9 (Mike)

I am up to speed on laundry, however are there cabins for 3..?

Hi Gold Coaster,

Welcome Aboard!

Happy that all our info was of help to you.

There are cabins onboard Gemini that can accommodate 3 pax.

They are Cat: DB (Decks 3&4) DA (Decks 6&7) These are inside cabins.

Cat: CE is an outside cabin with porthole (Deck 2)

Not all of these cabins can hold 3 or 4 pax, so I advise that you ask your TA or contact Star Cruises to find out which cabins can accommodate a third pax.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I had a feeling you would know..Thanks for the prompt reply, will check out with TA as already have posted an inquiry with them, sounds like for 3 it isnt easy to accomodate..

Will definately stay in touch.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hi All

Well I am back at work and yes the post cruise depression has hit! I miss the Gemini and one keeps thinking about what is going on her at the present time and wishing one was there!

Vera,

We had the best entertainment every night and I can honestly say not one dud show. We only had singing and dancing type shows which I enjoyed. No magician or acrobats or the like.The ladyboys of bangkok show was extremely good and popular with the pax as well as the crew show and other shows which highlight their talents. As we left there were changes to the entertainers, Mario the pianist and singer was going on leave, the female singer in the Gemini Big Band was also and they were also going on leave soon as well, the Lounge Band and the Quartet were staying but I think that one of them soon will rotate or go on leave. The 2 dance pairs are excellent as you would expect from World Champion couples and the dance classes were very well attended.

The staff in the Ocean Palace were excellent, Pat the maitre'd was so helpful as well as all the waiters and waitress's. Particularly good were Oneill, Rosario, Eddie, Esther and Lady Jane and Donsalvo. The food was superb and I couldn't complain about anything. Vibration in the Ocean Palace was noticeable when the ship was manuovering and sometimes more than less.

I will scan star navigators and shorex pricelist as soon as I can for reference for future pax to compare prices.

I am very sad to hear that she is to be sold as I would definitley return to her for another cruise. I liked the feel of less pax rather than a huge crowd as one would have on the larger ships and the more personalised service.

Everyone went out of their way to make you feel special.

Cheers for now

Les

Hi Les - well, you have another 12 mths odd to take another cruise on Gemini if you want - she'll be around until Dec 2008.

Thanks for sharing your impressions and glad you had an enjoyable time.

The best cure for PCD (post-cruise-depression) is to plan the next one :D

Hi All

What will they do with the crew who are on her now, terminate their contracts or assimilate them into the rest of the fleet.

It would be a pity if they lost their jobs.

I would dearly love to do another cruise on her, I am not so keen to do around Australian waters as sea conditions in the lower half of Australia can be very rough,I prefer the destinations in Asia, maybe the Hong Kong leg would be nice.

Cheers

Les

Les, have no worries. Star Cruises does take good care of their employees. The staff/crew onboard Gemini will be transfered to other ships. Also, NCL will transfer a ship to Star Cruises at the end of 2008. Maybe even sooner. So the current staff onboard Gemini will have jobs waiting for them.

Mike