First time Cruiser-What time is it???

KSGal

I am trying to figure out what time it is in relation to excursions. We will be on the Conquest this June for our first cruise. I would like to schedule excursions on our own, but don't understand what time it is in each port. Specifically, we will be in Grand Cayman according to Carnival from 7am-4pm. Which time zone?? Nativeway has a Rays, Reef, Rum tour I am interested in. On their website is states the time is 9am-2pm (eastern). Please help, I'm confused :( Thanks from a newbie!!!!!

Doesn't the Conquest sail out of New Orleans which is Central time? If so, I believe ship time and island time will be the same that time of year (since GC doesn't observe Daylight Savings).

If your ship was sailing out of Florida, island time would be one hour behind ship time.

On our cruise, ship time and island time were the same since we were there in January.

The best thing would be if someone who has sailed the Conquest would come along and tell you exactly what the ship did as far as time.

For me, the time issue was the most confusing. We were on the Triumph (it's been 3 years ago), and they told us to stay on ship time. But I've read where some ships within Carnival don't do this. Before you go, someone who's been on the Conquest will tell you what to expect. :)

Have a great time!

Hi there,

Best bet is to attend the shore excursion briefing given by the CD staff onboard (usually first day at sea before any ports). If they don't say in the briefing I would ask at the ship's excursion or purser's desk.

IMPORTANT. There's nothing more beautiful than watching the twinkling lights of a cruise ship sailing into a Caribbean sunset... then oops, realizing that's your ship. :eek:

Ciao for now!!!

Archived