Captain Bjarne Larsen - in memoriam

Shanola

Bjarne was much more than a great Captain.In the Yiddish language their is a word that most describes Bjarne the word is Mensch. The meaning is {  A PERSON OF INTEGRITY AND HONOR }.

Truly a great gentlemen and the most accomplished seaman that I have had the honor to sail with.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Mensch was Bjarne's middle name. Hello Seacap and thank you for your point. Hello again Shanola and all who revere his memory. Captain Bjarne "Mensch" Larsen. It's hard to believe it's been another year. Now three. In these most trying times it's a pleasant break to think of the goodness of this Admiral of the fleet. And thank you for keeping this flame burning brightly..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The life of a friend is measured. Not with the years, but with the footprint that he leaves in other people’s lives, thoughts and hearts.

51 today! 

Thank you Mr Seacap for your cordial remarks – #Mensch is part of my mother tounge as well. So I know precisely what you mean.

And Brittany, thank you for treasuring this little reminder here! You are really true blue.

EC779901-0E79-4AA7-8B5B-DC4DF0E454F6.jpeg