Insignia South America cruise

RMS Olympic

Will be boarding the Insignia on Feb 17 in Buenos Aires....my first time on this cruise line. Can anyone comment on the restaurant on board that specializes in beef...is the quality OK, good, or really good. I am very much a steak lover and wonder if it is worth skipping the main restaurant that will probably serve beef as well.

Thanks

Tom

We ate several times in the Polo Grill (the alternative restaurant specializing in beef entrees) on our last cruise on Insignia.

I am quite a beef lover, and rather "picky" about eating beef in restaurants.(for instance, I am not too crazy about beef at places such as Outback) I would rate the beef as very good to excellent, and would not hesitate to recommend it. It is my understanding that they solely use "prime" beef, and not "choice". From my experience this seems to be correct.

Hope this helps

We were on Regatta into the Baltic this past August, and found the beef in Polo Grill to be excellent.

That said, the beef in the main dining room was pretty darned good too.

All in all, we thought the food better than Celebrity, HAL, or Crystal. Of course, opinions on food are very subjective.

Before you leave BA, you should dine at Cabana Las Lilas on a street called Alicia M. de Justos, in Punta Madera, a neighborhood backing on the docks and containing a number of good restaurants. The owners of Cabana Las Lilas own the cattle ranch which is the source of their totally natutallly grain fed beef; and it will be among the best, if not the best beef meal you will ever have. Of course, don't expect to eat much before 8:00 in the evening anywhere in South America.

Before you leave BA, you should dine at Cabana Las Lilas on a street called Alicia M. de Justos, in Punta Madera, a neighborhood backing on the docks and containing a number of good restaurants. The owners of Cabana Las Lilas own the cattle ranch which is the source of their totally natutallly grain fed beef; and it will be among the best, if not the best beef meal you will ever have. Of course, don't expect to eat much before 8:00 in the evening anywhere in South America.

P.S. The "n" in Cabana has a tilde over it, so it is pronounced "cabanya", but I can't find a way to do this online.

The beef in the main dining room is top notch. We even ate several times in the last three weeks with four contract employees who have their choice of where to eat on the ship and they all use the main dining room and recommend the beef entrees. The Beef Wellington was particularly good.

To answer your question, you won't go wrong if you don't use the Polo Grill.

Archived