Cab Rates in FLL

chapdaddy

If this has been asked before, and I am sure it has, forgive me. I have seen various rates posted for Cab Rates. I am sure that someone like Trent, can give us the no bull answer to this. What are the rates from the 17th street hotels to the port, and the Airport to those same hotels. It seems that no matter what it is always 20$. That seems high from the motel to the Port however.

Thanks for any input.:cool:

chapdaddy, There are no "fixed" rates for taxis in Ft Lauderdale from one location to another as there are in Miami. All taxi's are metered. Depending on travel distance and time the metered fare can range from a low of $5 to $15 or higher from 17th hotels to the port. If your sitting in traffic or the security entrance is backed up the meters still ticking. The answer is there is no definitive fare. ;)

Then how can they for instance, if you take a cab from Amerisuites for instance they tell you 20$. They really don't know for a fact, correct?:) Then one should watch the meter and not accept a 20 $ upfront qoute so to speak.

Absolutely. Stick to the meter rate. It's a 5 minute drive from Amerisuites to Port Everglades. If they insist on the flat rate find another cab.

CONSUMER INFORMATION

Taxicab Passenger's Bill of Rights

As a passenger in a Broward County taxicab, you have the following rights (based on the Broward County Motor Carriers Ordinance):

• to ride in a clean, safe, and secure vehicle; to ride in a vehicle that has a Broward County taxicab operating permit (the number of which should be the same as the number on the vehicle);
  • to be transported by a driver who has in his/her possession a current Broward County chauffeur's registration (otherwise called a hack license), which I have the right to inspect;
  • to be transported by a driver who maintains a neat appearance and who treats me in a professional and courteous manner;
  • to be transported to my destination by means of the most direct and economical route possible, unless I agree or instruct the driver otherwise;
  • to pay for the transportation based exclusively on an operating taximeter and based strictly on the rates approved by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners, as posted in the vehicle;
  • to report any problems with the vehicle or the driver to the Broward County Consumer Affairs Division at
    (954)765-5350.

If you have a complaint or a problem with taxicab service, please contact the Taxicab and Limousine Regulatory Section of the Broward County Consumer Affairs Division at: 954-765-5350/Fax 954-5309

or E-mail: consumer@broward.org

http://www.broward.org/consumer/coi01000.htm

Archived