Carnival's Towel Policy

bebe624

Hi,

Been reading about people having to pay $22 if they loose there towel? Maybe its just me but I do not recall Carnival ever being that strict on the towels. Is this a recent revelation?

Are they limiting towels to 1 per person? Maybe I should just bring my own beach towel? But it's so bulky and a waste of more things I need to pack.

Any Advice? I fly out tomorrow morning ... and I am still not completely packed :cool:

Are they limiting towels to 1 per person? Maybe I should just bring my own beach towel? But it's so bulky and a waste of more things I need to pack.

One towel/person. If you use it, your steward will give you a new one

I can understand cruiselines charging for the lovely thick beack towels that Carnival had on our last Carnival cruise.

However, you would not believe how strict RCCL was on our Jewel of the Seas cruise in October. There was a woman we called "Towel ****" who was miserable when you requested a towel poolside. Who wants to drag a towel with them everytime they leave their cabin? Sometimes our cabin steward forgot to bring new towels after cleaning our cabin.

On Jewel, if you left your towel in your cabin, you would have to sign a sheet for a towel poolside and then have them check your name off when you left the wet towel in the bin. One day we had to keep waiting for Towel **** to come back with the signup sheet. Funny that just a few months earlier in Hawaii, we could pickup towels from shelves inside the solarium with no need to sign in or out. I don't like being harassed on my vacation. I am trying to avoid stress.

Are there really that many people who are going to fill their suitcases with cheap towels. I can barely fit all my clothes. We will bring our own beach towels on our upcoming Carnival Triumph cruise--along with two beach mats.

However, you would not believe how strict RCCL was on our Jewel of the Seas cruise in October. There was a woman we called "Towel ****" who was miserable when you requested a towel poolside. Who wants to drag a towel with them everytime they leave their cabin? Sometimes our cabin steward forgot to bring new towels after cleaning our cabin.

On Jewel, if you left your towel in your cabin, you would have to sign a sheet for a towel poolside and then have them check your name off when you left the wet towel in the bin. One day we had to keep waiting for Towel **** to come back with the signup sheet. Funny that just a few months earlier in Hawaii, we could pickup towels from shelves inside the solarium with no need to sign in or out. I don't like being harassed on my vacation. I am trying to avoid stress.

This is exactly how Carnival handled pool towels on the Pride 3 years ago.

Maybe the poster dont know the way around the boards yet.

To see all your posts and view any replys-- click on your name and scroll down to "VIEW ALL POSTS"

Please give people at least 24 hours to answer before you post the same thing again.

I think it is more likely that the OP was the victim of the double post... the board probably froze up and he/she refreshed, which results in double posts... considering they were 4 minutes apart. Has happened to most of it, no big deal.

Archived