Suites on Marella

I have never cruised on Marella, although I have 30+ cruises on Princess, P&O and Cunard. I have just booked a Royal suite on Explorer 2 in June as the price was irresistible. I can't find any information on suite extras on the tui site. Does anyone have any experience of this on other Marella ships? We are used to butler/concierge,free laundry and Wi-Fi should I lower my expectations?

Sorry no butler/concierge or free WIFI according to the website The ship is in Cadiz at the moment being refitted so no-one has sailed on her yet as Marella.

you do get what is called Premier service which gives you priority/express check in, a free pressing service in the first 24 hours of being on board up to 3 items per person and a free continental breakfast in bed per person per week

You also have a large balcony with a whirlpool

Thankyou, I have checked the website already. I was just looking for first hand info from other Marella ships. I know from experience that Princess,for example, offer unadvertised suite extras and I wondered if Mare!la was the same. Cruisemapper do suggest lots of goodies, does anyone know if this is accurate?

• 5 months later...

Hi Lucy, 

we have also booked the royal suite on the Explorer 2 sailing out late August.

how did you find the cabin?, and can you give me any helpful advice on the added benefits of a suite. 

Thanks in advance.

mklions

Hi, we really enjoyed it, the suite is huge! It has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The small kitchen has an American style fridge which is great for storing drinks or snacks you are saving for later. Other than the Clarins supplies (they replace them when empty) you don't get any extra services or goodies) but you do get to sit in your own Hot tub  on the balcony as you sail away! Some parts of the decor are a bit old, and I think the curtains were once switch operated, but when I you look at the cost compared to other lines this is easy to forgive. I hope you have a great time - we did.

On 27 July 2019 at 12:08 PM, LucyTanya said:

Hi, we really enjoyed it, the suite is huge! It has the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The small kitchen has an American style fridge which is great for storing drinks or snacks you are saving for later. Other than the Clarins supplies (they replace them when empty) you don't get any extra services or goodies) but you do get to sit in your own Hot tub  on the balcony as you sail away! Some parts of the decor are a bit old, and I think the curtains were once switch operated, but when I you look at the cost compared to other lines this is easy to forgive. I hope you have a great time - we did.

Thanks Lucy,

The balcony hot tub sounds great! Do you have to fill it each day and can you set the temperature?

• 2 years later...
On 10/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, mikegarland said:

Are Clarins products still provided in the Suites on Marella ships? I cannot see any mention on their website anymore.

I just got back from the Marella Explorer 2, Junior Suite and they still had Clarins products in our room.