Question about cabin aboard Dawn

alrose251

:confused: This will be my first sailing from NYC. I have seen beautiful pictures of NYC skyline departing from the port. I have a balcony and would love to see this from my cabin. Does anyone know what side of the ship does my cabin need to be on in order to get the best view?:)

Thanks,

Rose

On departure:

To see the skyscrapers of Manhatten, the port side.

To see the Statue of Liberty, the starboard side.

On arrival:

Just the opposite of what's posted above.

You either see the sights of NY coming or going, unless you have a front or aft facing cabin.

I like to watch the views at sail-away no matter where I am departing from. What I do to avoid the "which side of the ship cabin" dilemma, is I go up on deck to an area where I can walk to each side of the ship, that way I can drink in the views from either direction by just walking several feet.

Thanks for the reply:) . Now which one do I choose? I want it all!!!:D

Rose

Sailaway you have the option to be anywhere - best place on deck and see it all.

When you return, early am, the chances are you will be on your balcony. Choose the few you want on return.

457374582_JewelTAnyc.JPG.5271aace01495ac563eba2063864788e.JPG

HI

We had port going out. This was good as weather wasnot too good and we were sheltered by our balcony and overhang. My husband preferred to be on top deck by Bimini bar and filmed sail away. On return we went onto the top deck where the helicopter winch markings are. this is an excellent location as you can move either side of the ship in seconds and is not packed with other holiday makers. Excellent for filming as the Dawn sails under the bridge on entering New York.

Archived