shore excursions in Nassau

caribbebound

Hello I am looking for advise on shore excursions on a cruise we are planning with 10 people. We are all looking to snorkel, enjoy a beautiful beach, rent water crafts and do some shopping. We are sailing on the Glory and going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Of these three places, which has the best snorkeling?

In Nassau we are looking at doing one of the Pearl Island excursions, or the Thriller Powerboat to Blackbeard's Cay, or possibly going on our own to the Blue Lagoon. Has anyone been to any of these and what was it like?

Thank you for any suggentions you can give!

caribbebound

Hello I am looking for advise on shore excursions on a cruise we are planning with 10 people. We are all looking to snorkel, enjoy a beautiful beach, rent water crafts and do some shopping. We are sailing on the Glory and going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Of these three places, which has the best snorkeling?

In Nassau we are looking at doing one of the Pearl Island excursions, or the Thriller Powerboat to Blackbeard's Cay, or possibly going on our own to the Blue Lagoon. Has anyone been to any of these and what was it like?

Thank you for any suggentions you can give!

caribbebound

I've been to both Pearl Island and out to Blackbeards Cay. Blackbeards is larger and there's more to do, but if you are sensitive to sand flea bites, the area can be a problem. (some get bit all the time (me) and some don't (boyfriend). The back side of Blackbeards Cay is Sandals "private island"

As for Blue Lagoon, .. it's closed.. you can't get there on your own. There's some construction going on out that way. Not sure yet what it will be. But for the time being... it's closed.

(dolphin encounter is still running, as they are in a different part of the island.)

Here's an Aerial View of Pearl Island

1e.jpg

Blackbeards Cay

dolphin3.jpg

dolphin4.jpg

Archived