NEW TOUR from GODFREY offered....

pholter

I just got this email from Godfrey regarding a new tour that's just shopping and Sapphire Beach.. Thought some of your might find it helpful in your planning:

TOUR TWO

Shopping and Beach Trip Only

$20.00 per person

If you want three (3) hours of shopping, we will pick you up at the ship at

9:00 am ship-time.

If you want two (2) hours of shopping, we will pick you up at the ship at

10:00 am ship-time.

If you want one (1) hour of shopping, we will pick you up at the ship at

11:00 am ship-time.

We will leave the downtown shopping area at 12 noon and take you directly to

Sapphire Beach for three (3) hours of fun and will have you back to the ship

at 4:00 pm ship-time.We accept Cash or Travelers Checks upon arrival. All

your purchases will be secured in front of the tour bus or you can rent

lockers on the beach for $5.00 dollars.

Sapphire Beach ranks #5; it is a beautiful place that is not crowded and is

very

quiet. You can lay-out, swim, snorkel, power sail or jet ski. There are lots

of trees

if you don't desire to be in the sun for three (3) hours, two (2)

restaurants/bars on

the beach, clean restrooms, fresh water showers, swimming pool and no

vendors.

I just got this email from Godfrey regarding a new tour that's just shopping and Sapphire Beach.. Thought some of your might find it helpful in your planning:

TOUR TWO

Shopping and Beach Trip Only

$20.00 per person

If you want three (3) hours of shopping, we will pick you up at the ship at

9:00 am ship-time.

If you want two (2) hours of shopping, we will pick you up at the ship at

10:00 am ship-time.

If you want one (1) hour of shopping, we will pick you up at the ship at

11:00 am ship-time.

We will leave the downtown shopping area at 12 noon and take you directly to

Sapphire Beach for three (3) hours of fun and will have you back to the ship

at 4:00 pm ship-time.We accept Cash or Travelers Checks upon arrival. All

your purchases will be secured in front of the tour bus or you can rent

lockers on the beach for $5.00 dollars.

Sapphire Beach ranks #5; it is a beautiful place that is not crowded and is

very

quiet. You can lay-out, swim, snorkel, power sail or jet ski. There are lots

of trees

if you don't desire to be in the sun for three (3) hours, two (2)

restaurants/bars on

the beach, clean restrooms, fresh water showers, swimming pool and no

vendors.

I took godfreys tour for $20 that included sightseeing besides the beach and shopping.. for $20 per person it was a great value. But without the sightseeing I am curious what the value is except that he is a nice guy and dependable.

But It might make sense to just catch a cab..there are plenty. And most drivers would be happy to pick you up after the beach..

So does anyone have the exact $ for a cab with multiple people in it?

The "old" tour which included sightseeing is now $25.

The "new" tour features, i would think, are the personalized service, the abitlity to lock up your valuables and dealing with someone that knows what he is doing.

Just MHO,

Ted

Do you know if you still want sightseeing and are booked for the old tour (as we are for May)will he still be providing that?

I am sure he will... this was sent to us via email and said 2nd tour option...

Godfrey is a nice guy.. no problem with his tour.. Its really a mini tour.. but it does give you the highlights..

The only thing bad was his Jewelry store pick.. that is a whole other story..

Since I have been to St. Thomas multiple times.. there would not be the need to have Godfrey at my beck and call..If that is.. the price is better per cab..MHO

We will be in St. Thomas the end of Feb. on the Valor and have read some great things about Godfrey. Can anyone tell me if you need to make a reservation with him ahead of time and could someone fill us in on the specifics of the full tour for $25 that he offers?

1) What time it leaves?

2) what are the tour stops? & times?

I know a beach stop is part of the tour, is there snorkeling at this beach or can you pick which beach he takes you to?

3) are you touring with others? how many are in a tour group?

4) and also does Godfrey run the tour himself or does he have numerous tours running? --Since everyone raves about Godfrey I thought I should ask if he gives the tour himself.

Thanks for the info!

Wow this is my first reply to the boards, although read them quite often. I can't say enough about Godfrey. We visited St. Thomas 2 years ago and on the recommendation of my sister who visited the year before took the Godfrey tour. When he toured us around the island he likens his tour to the ship's Best of St. Thomas Island Tour ($39 ship price) but he throws in beach and shopping. He is WONDERFUL. He goes to all the same places as the island tour plus the beach and if you don't want to stay at the beach he brings you back to the ship. I would guess his bus holds about 30 people. It is open on both sides with bench seats. Five could fit across and and perhaps he has six rows. I would advise you to make reservation with him in advance, and he will wait for you to come off your ship. When we booked he asked for no money in advance. I'm thrilled about the second option tour he is offering now. According to posted taxi prices it would be $10 per person for four of us to Sapphire Beach and same on return. We plan to book with Godfrey for 2 hours shopping and Sapphire for the same price $20 rounch trip per person. He runs his own tours. He is trustworthy and truly does remember his customers. A wonderful guy! :)

We will be in St. Thomas the end of Feb. on the Valor and have read some great things about Godfrey. Can anyone tell me if you need to make a reservation with him ahead of time and could someone fill us in on the specifics of the full tour for $25 that he offers?

1) What time it leaves?

2) what are the tour stops? & times?

I know a beach stop is part of the tour, is there snorkeling at this beach or can you pick which beach he takes you to?

3) are you touring with others? how many are in a tour group?

4) and also does Godfrey run the tour himself or does he have numerous tours running? --Since everyone raves about Godfrey I thought I should ask if he gives the tour himself.

Thanks for the info!

We will be using him 03/05 .. Have a look at his website should give you some of the answers you are looking for..

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com

But It might make sense to just catch a cab..there are plenty. And most drivers would be happy to pick you up after the beach..

So does anyone have the exact $ for a cab with multiple people in it?

For Sapphire from downtown it would be $10 per person, one way. Other taxi rates available at http://www.*****/stthomas/getting_around_stt/taxi_stt/.

Taxi rates are regulated, including tour rates. And the rates recently changed (Oct. 05). The tour rates are: 2 hours - One passenger $50; two or more passengers $25 per person. 3 hours - One passenger $60; two or more passengers $30 per person.

--Islander

http://www.*****

I don't know -- it looks like the price is about the same as using a taxi, yet you'd have less flexibility. If you're done shopping, you couldn't leave early. If you're enjoying the beach, you couldn't stay a little longer.

I vote taxis.

Hello Dogger,

This thread was started about Godfrey's Tours so I don't know whether you are asking what he offers; however taxi rates including tours are regulated by the Taxi Cab Division and I don't see any discounts for children on the rate sheet.

--Islander

www.*****

Islander,

Just wondering about Godfrey's Tours, kid rate and wonder how the tour works for the full island? Sounds like there's many stops, etc. I'm looking for a tour of the island and a stop at a beach.

I mentioned Peat Taylor who's tour was very nice of Jamacia. He'd drop you off for Dunn River falls, pick you up at a certain time, then off to a tour of the island, then to eat, the to beach and pick up back to the ship.

Am wondering how that works with Godfrey's Tours?

Would love to see island, then to the beach, eat and get out on a jet ski or just gooooofffff off in the water.

Thoughts?

I was on Godfrey's Tour in Feb 05 and did Peat Taylor's tour in Feb 04. Both of these experiences were great and both Peat and Godfrey were real gentlemen and know everything about their homeland. I would definitely recommend Godfrey.

I've read about the crime rate in St. Thomas and plan to do the tour with Godfrey and want to spend some time at the beach to go snorkeling - I will be with 2 other people but what does everyone do with their belongings while in the water? I thought I might have read Godfrey will lock your things in the tour bus. Anyone know about this?

Hello amy2313,

Godfrey will hold things for you in the front of the tour bus.

--Islander

www.*****

Thanks for the info - that helps. I've never been to St. Thomas before so I got a little uneasy on what to do with our belongings if we all end up in the water or someone falls asleep on the beach!! So I take it leaving the things with Godfrey is safe and a good idea??

I've not heard any complaints from those who have taken his tours and left their packages with him to hold. Since Godfrey's tours usually include a couple hours of shopping before the beach, most of his guests have shopping bags when he picks them up - I imagine his offer to hold stuff is mostly to accomodate the shopping packages. I don't know if he stays at the beach waiting for his guests or leaves and returns so I don't know if you would be able to leave things with him while you swim that you are going to want back after you finish swimming; which is what you seem to be asking about. You should contact him directly and find out.

--Islander

I've not heard any complaints from those who have taken his tours and left their packages with him to hold. Since Godfrey's tours usually include a couple hours of shopping before the beach, most of his guests have shopping bags when he picks them up - I imagine his offer to hold stuff is mostly to accomodate the shopping packages. I don't know if he stays at the beach waiting for his guests or leaves and returns so I don't know if you would be able to leave things with him while you swim that you are going to want back after you finish swimming; which is what you seem to be asking about. You should contact him directly and find out.

--Islander

He did not stay at the beach when he dropped us.. he scheduled a return pickup time. sometimes after he drops us at the beach there might be those not interested in the beach and he drops them off in town if they want to continue shopping etc..

Hello Dogger,

Taxi drivers are suppose to follow the regulated rates and the regulated rates don't show any discounts for children. Your best bet though would be to double check with Godfrey about rates for children.

His tours, as I understand it, involve a couple hours of shopping, a couple hours of island tour/sightseeing, a couple hours at the beach. And yes he drops you off at the shopping and beach parts and picks you up at a set time.

You mentioned jetskis; Godfrey I believe offers three beach options: Magens, Sapphire and Coki. Magens Bay doesn't have jet skis.

--Islander

I just reserved our spot with Godfrey when we arrive on the Valor on March 1st!! Very excited. He gave me the run down of the tour and times and explained that we went to 3 beaches. I didn't want to bother Godfrey again with yet another question so I hope you do not mind me asking it here... :rolleyes:

which beach is best for snorkeling? and which beach do you actually spend the two hours at to go swimming or snorkeling?

Archived