Mercury Dress Code

poma

Hi Lorrie,

We just got back from the Mercury and formal evenings consisted of a range of dress. A few people wore tuxes/gowns, most people wore dark suits/tea length cocktail dresses, and others wore any type of suitcoat/tie and skirts/sheer tops/silk pantsuits. Informal night was usually dress slacks with shirt (and possibly tie) and for women a nice summer dress.

Teens pretty much dressed the same way as the adults. Some of them wore shorter formal dresses but most seemed pretty dressed up. I saw some leftover prom dresses from them. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope that this helps.

Jen

1st Cruise on Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 6/4/2004

My experience on Celebrity including Mercury has been that almost half the men wore tuxs. The rest in dark suits. It seems to me that only 1 or 2% of the men were not dressed appropriately and there certainly could be
extenuating circumstances for them.

It depends on when, where and how long the cruise lasts on how formal, formal night really is.

It will generally be less formal (I.e. less Tuxes- more suits, less gowns- more cocktail dresses) on 7 day cruises, Alaska sailings (not sure why this is!) and any of the sailings during summer and school holidays where there are many children
onboard.

Sue
[email="SueClark"]sueclark@aol.com[/email]

[B]Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04[/B]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

[B]Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05[/B]

Archived