Magica Mexican Magic Eastern and Western Cruise

blowers

Could anyone kindly advise: (first timer to USA/Caribbean)

1. The "must do" things on the itinery-and those to avoid -where best just to "chill"

2. Where best to try out snorkelling (NB I'll be a 50 yr old plus beginner)

3. Where I absolutley must take my nice new digital slr to take great pictures-of what? ( and which countries to leave it in the cabin to avoid theft and take the little digi snap camera)

4. Any of the countries drive on left? so I would be more confident in hiring a car as from UK and wife gets nervous)

5. Any other "tips"?

Many thanks again

Geoff

Thanks again Andy

Yes we are on the back to back 25th Feb to 13th March incl.

First timers to USA/Caribbean hence some naive questions!

Any info is helpfull

Ininery:

Ft Laud

Key West

Cozumel

Och Rios

Grand Cayman

Ft laud

San Juan

St Thomas

Catalina Island

La Romana

Nassau

Ft Laud

Looking fwd to it

Thanks!

Thanks again Andy

Yes we are on the back to back 25th Feb to 13th March incl.

First timers to USA/Caribbean hence some naive questions!

Any info is helpfull

Ininery:

Ft Laud

Key West

Cozumel

Och Rios

Grand Cayman

Ft laud

San Juan

St Thomas

Catalina Island

La Romana

Nassau

Ft Laud

Looking fwd to it

Thanks!

a couple of suggestions

la romana.. the electric bike tour and then a stop at catalina island for a swim.. at nite take their excursion to casa de campo.. fabulous show and interesting place.. you will get some great photo nite shots with your camera.. st. thomas either take the ferry to Trunk Bay to snorkel or hop a cab to Coki Beach for snorkeling right of the beach and still have time to shop in st. thomas.. if you go to trunk Bay it will eat up most of your day getting there and back and I found the snorkeling at Coki to be just as good.. cayman island take the sting ray tour that makes a second stop for snorkeling you can either take the ships tour or book it yourself for less money and less people with Captain Marvin or Nativeway, both have been highly recommended on the boards,, we used captain Marvin and it was wonderful, key west, take the conch tour and stop at Hemingways House and Truman's summer home, both interesting.. in ochos rio take a tour when you get off the ship, much less people and less $$$.. there are a few tour operators recommended on the boards .. we had 5 of us and a private air conditioned van.. also go to jimmy buffets margaritaville web site and print out a coupon for a free drink.. with a private tour the driver will take you wherever you want to go.. if you want to climb the falls, or just see them, etc.. hope this helps a little...

Archived