My cruise photos from the Legend of the Seas 1.07.06!

Thank you so much for posting those pictures! We leave 2/11 on Legend and can't wait. A couple of questions for you -- did you book your excursion to Bannister Beach thru RCCL? The beach looked great and it was so quiet. Was it worth it to go to Paradise Beach on Cozumel? It looked crowded. And what kind of camera did you use -- the pictures came out great. Thanks!:D

These were great!!! Same question, what camera did you bring??? How was the water in GC, we are leaving on sunday and the forcast shows rain all week, but i'm still optomistic. I loved looking at your pictures. I sit here, 36 hours away from leaving with pneumonia, nothing packed and all of a sudden it didn't matter when I saw how relaced I would be on vacation. Oh and your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thank you so much for posting those pictures! We leave 2/11 on Legend and can't wait. A couple of questions for you -- did you book your excursion to Bannister Beach thru RCCL? The beach looked great and it was so quiet. Was it worth it to go to Paradise Beach on Cozumel? It looked crowded. And what kind of camera did you use -- the pictures came out great. Thanks!:D

We booked through an independent tour operator. It was a manatee watch, snorkel & bannister island beach break. It included lunch & 3 drinks. It was quiet because when we arrived all the cruiseship tours were leaving! I bet there was 200 plus people on a couple of large boats. We had 20 people on our tour! It was awesome.

Paradise beach is awesome. I was there last Feb & it was very quiet. After Wilma, Paradise beach is much more busy-Paradise Tom & crew have really restored it! New bathrooms, imported palm trees, etc. It's wonderful. One of our favorites even with the crowd this time! Cab from downtown port to paradise beach was only $13.00 one way. Free to use the chairs & umbrellas-only request that you puchase drinks and/or food. Well worth every penny!!!

My camera is about 3 yrs old. Fuji Finepix 2600 Only a 2.0 megapixel with 3x optical. It's dirt cheap now. I usually didn't bring along my digital camera to the beach but this time I decided I would because the value of it has decrease & it's getting old. I'm glad I did too!

Enjoy the Legend! It was the smallest of 12 cruiseships weve been on but it was still great. Lot less people when it's smaller too! Never had to fight to find a deck chair!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

These were great!!! Same question, what camera did you bring??? How was the water in GC, we are leaving on sunday and the forcast shows rain all week, but i'm still optomistic. I loved looking at your pictures. I sit here, 36 hours away from leaving with pneumonia, nothing packed and all of a sudden it didn't matter when I saw how relaced I would be on vacation. Oh and your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Look at the post above for the Camera info! Grand Cayman was & always is another favorite! Water was crystal clear & fairly warm. My girls loved it too!

As for the weather-don't even look at it. I did looked everyday prior to leaving & it was nothing like what was predicted. We had cooler weather leaving tampa but then it was very comfortable the rest of the week. The cruise compass newspaper you'll receive daily never had the correct weather forcast on it either. It's the caribbean-it can rain at anytime but it only last a few min. & then the sun is shinning again!

Hope you feel better! Get packed, you can relax & rest on board! Enjoy!

Sue

Legend is in the same class as Rhapsody, but I thought I saw in your pics a mini golf course. I don't think Rhapsody has that, anyone know.

Yes, the Legend has mini golf. I'm pretty sure it always has too. This ship was refurbished last april but I believe it has always had it!

Rhapsody-I haven't been on. So I could tell you if it did or not. I didn't play it at all. My DH & DD's did though. Very hard but fun & you'll have lots of laughs!

Sue

Thank you for posting these!! We leave next Saturday the 28th and can't wait. I was wondering what a Quad room looked like with the beds pushed together. We have a 2 and 4 year old and were wondering what the sleeping arrangements would be. We uaually are the two of us and we only had one baby the last time with kids. That Bannister Beach looked beautiful, but we're doind the cave tubing/ zipline tour. I can't wait to get back to Paradise Beach though!!

Thanks again,

Tanya

Thank you for posting these!! We leave next Saturday the 28th and can't wait. I was wondering what a Quad room looked like with the beds pushed together. We have a 2 and 4 year old and were wondering what the sleeping arrangements would be. We uaually are the two of us and we only had one baby the last time with kids. That Bannister Beach looked beautiful, but we're doind the cave tubing/ zipline tour. I can't wait to get back to Paradise Beach though!!

Thanks again,

Tanya

Hi Tanya-

Actually our stateroom attendant wanted to keep our lower two beds apart because it's easier for him/her to make the bunks. They push the two upper bunks up against the wall every morning. We pushed our two lower beds together ourselves. Our stateroom attendent said it was fine as long as he could step on the bed to make up the bunks which we said was ok. Sometimes during the day I'd lower the bunks down so the girls could watch tv if we needed to rest for a while. I must admit though, My 5 yr old slept in one bunk, DD 4yr old slept down below with dad & I got the other bunk but the bunk matteras was more comfortable I thought!

Out of 12 cruises this was the first time we brought our girls. What are you doing with your kids while your doing cave tubing/zip line? 2yr olds can't go into the adverture ocean? My DD 4 yrd old refused to go into the kids program. She's a little shy & didn't mind it one sea day when it was in a little area but at night they opened it up to a little larger room & she just wouldn't go. Our 5 yr old like it though but once she relized her sister wasn't going then she gave up too.....It's a great program though if you can get them to attend it sometimes!

Paradise beach was great again! Our girls had so much fun!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

I loved browsing your pics!! Thanks for sharing, great shots :) Cute kids!!!

Can you tell me how to get to Bannister Island in Belize? We arent doing an excursion here, and would love to know info on how to get there, what you thought of it, and how much ride was to and from there. Did you feel safe there? We were just gonna stay on ship at that port, but this looks nice and our style!

Hi, Twinsmomct, we are on the same sailing as you! You should check out the roll call we have going over in the Meet and Mingle section. We are still in need of a few more people to sign up in order to have a party, so come check us out

Scanning your pics, I recognized "Aunt Mary". Does she live in Spring Lake, Michigan? I work in that area at a local bank and used to wait on her all the time. (assuming this is her). What a small world!

Hey Megster!

I just signed us up for the Meet & Mingle - we now have 17 people!

I loved browsing your pics!! Thanks for sharing, great shots :) Cute kids!!!

Can you tell me how to get to Bannister Island in Belize? We arent doing an excursion here, and would love to know info on how to get there, what you thought of it, and how much ride was to and from there. Did you feel safe there? We were just gonna stay on ship at that port, but this looks nice and our style!

You have to do a shore exc. in belize. You'll be very disappointed if you don't. We did an independent tour it was 42.00 for adults & 35 for kids for the beach break only including lunch & 3 drinks. If you want to snorkle is was 59.00. well worth it. Go to the belize port of call you'll find all the info you need!

Sue

Scanning your pics, I recognized "Aunt Mary". Does she live in Spring Lake, Michigan? I work in that area at a local bank and used to wait on her all the time. (assuming this is her). What a small world!

QUOTE]

Hi!

Did you work at NBD/Bank One? I did. Email me at cruisegirl29@charter.net so we can talk!

Yes Mary does live here too!

Sue

Hi Sue,

I loved looking at your photos of LOTS, they're really brill. I was so excited because we're actually assigned to that cabin on Med cruise in July. It looks in good condition and quite pleasant. I wonder if you would be kind enough to answer a few queries I have? Is there a safe & fridge in Cabin 2519?

Seeing your pics has really cheered me up! Thanks, Heather:)

You have to do a shore exc. in belize. You'll be very disappointed if you don't. We did an independent tour it was 42.00 for adults & 35 for kids for the beach break only including lunch & 3 drinks. If you want to snorkle is was 59.00. well worth it. Go to the belize port of call you'll find all the info you need!

Sue

We were scheduled for cave tubing, but we canceled due to money issues only. I am hoping to get tax return back before we leave so I can rebook one. I will look into this one independently.. DH wants to know how many others were on the tour with you, being it was independent?

We were scheduled for cave tubing, but we canceled due to money issues only. I am hoping to get tax return back before we leave so I can rebook one. I will look into this one independently.. DH wants to know how many others were on the tour with you, being it was independent?

There were less than 20 people. Ten of us were family~ which was great!

I've heard cave tubing is wonderful! If your short on money-save all your money for a tour here! All the other islands you can do cheaper & on your own-like taking a taxi to the beach but in Belize you'll need a tour!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

Hi Sue,

I loved looking at your photos of LOTS, they're really brill. I was so excited because we're actually assigned to that cabin on Med cruise in July. It looks in good condition and quite pleasant. I wonder if you would be kind enough to answer a few queries I have? Is there a safe & fridge in Cabin 2519?

Seeing your pics has really cheered me up! Thanks, Heather:)

Wow, that's amazing that you'll be in the same cabin. The cabin was in good condition. However, it seemed a little noisey. There was a vent under the bathroom door that must go down to the crew quarters. You could here something rolling back & forth most nights. Maybe laundry? You could also here ladies shoes (heels) clicking while they walked. Strange-never had that before. It didn't distrub me but my DH thought it was a little loud. There is a safe but no refrig. You may be able to request one-sometimes they will give you one if your medicine needs to be refri. I've heard. Call RCCL & ask!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

There were less than 20 people. Ten of us were family~ which was great!

I've heard cave tubing is wonderful! If your short on money-save all your money for a tour here! All the other islands you can do cheaper & on your own-like taking a taxi to the beach but in Belize you'll need a tour!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

I just need to convince my DH of that!! He isnt big about jungles and such, so when we had to cancel the Belize excursion, I dont think he was as crushed as me. We are doing a great speed boat excursion in Costa Maya and we are going to Sea Grape Beach on our own in Caymans to save money. Mexico we have been wanting to do the Fiesta Party Boat for awhile.. they just look like they are having a blast every time we are at the beach where they dock the boat at. All the things, minus Costa Maya, were really really cheap, so we chose to cancel the Belize one due to it being like $90 a person!! Hopefully I can convince husband to do the beachy private tour to the island you went to. I really would love it...but we will see what he wants to do. If we dont do anything in Belize this time, we cruise once a year, so I am sure we will get there eventually :) Thanks sooooooo much for your responses!!!!!

Hi Sue,

Many thanks for your reply! I was sooooo shocked to find any pictures of our cabin. We booked LOTS last August for July 06 and there were hardly any 4 births left then~ school hols in UK.

I told my DH about the noise below. He said he wasn't going to go jokingly! We are really excited about this cruise and I'm sure we'll have a great time whatever. We are normally fairly sedated (alcohol) by bed time so hopefully will sleep soundly. We don't normally spend any time in the cabin during the day other than to get ready to go out and the boys (15 & 12) are usually wearing ear phones from ipods.

My countdown clock has gone wrong. Trying to fix it!:)

Kind Regards, Heather

Sue,

I just had to tell you, after you responded to me regarding the type of camera, I went onto Circuit City's website, researched the Fuji digital cameras, and ordered one so that we have it for our cruise! I have a great 35mm but it's just too big to travel with. Thanks for all the hints and tips regarding your LOS trip -- it's been a big help. Can't wait to go on 2/11!

Hi Tanya-

Actually our stateroom attendant wanted to keep our lower two beds apart because it's easier for him/her to make the bunks. They push the two upper bunks up against the wall every morning. We pushed our two lower beds together ourselves. Our stateroom attendent said it was fine as long as he could step on the bed to make up the bunks which we said was ok. Sometimes during the day I'd lower the bunks down so the girls could watch tv if we needed to rest for a while. I must admit though, My 5 yr old slept in one bunk, DD 4yr old slept down below with dad & I got the other bunk but the bunk matteras was more comfortable I thought!

Out of 12 cruises this was the first time we brought our girls. What are you doing with your kids while your doing cave tubing/zip line? 2yr olds can't go into the adverture ocean? My DD 4 yrd old refused to go into the kids program. She's a little shy & didn't mind it one sea day when it was in a little area but at night they opened it up to a little larger room & she just wouldn't go. Our 5 yr old like it though but once she relized her sister wasn't going then she gave up too.....It's a great program though if you can get them to attend it sometimes!

Paradise beach was great again! Our girls had so much fun!

Happy Sailing!

Sue

Sue,

We'll, the part I left out is that we are travelling with my parents, my sister and her daughter (5). My mother is not going on the excursion, so she'll be in charge of the kids that day. I'm hoping the 4 and 5 year olds will enjoy spending a little time in Adventure Ocean. We are also planning on having an in room sitter one night so all of the adults can go to The Quest. Did you have any experience iwth this?? Thanks for all the info on the bed situation. I'm quite certain it will be me, my hubby and my 2yr old dd on the bottom with son in a loft. Maybe we'll take turns in the other bunk.

Tanya

Sue,

I'm hoping the 4 and 5 year olds will enjoy spending a little time in Adventure Ocean. We are also planning on having an in room sitter one night so all of the adults can go to The Quest. Did you have any experience iwth this??

Tanya

I wish my girls would have been more interested in spending time in the AO. It's a great program, Emmah (4yr) just was terribly upset when we tried to drop her off. We didn't use a in-room babysitter. I thinks it like 8.00/hr or so. I'm sure it would be fine, since we had a quad room I wasn't sure what the babysitter would do with them besides watch tv or play a game. We missed the Quest. I've seen it serveral times & it's always a favorite. Actually, I love the deck party the most. It's just great to spend time outside in the evening & enjoy the warm tropical breeze!

Twinsmomct-

I'm glad you ordered your camera! You'll love it. Just don't get it wet or sandy! Oh, Not sure what type of memory card your's will have but you may want to invest in a larger size one my 128mb was full before I got home so I used my 16mb(this is the size it came with) and that was also full. I had 343 photos or more between the two of them. Also if it's inside & the lighting is dark you'll see that the photo will be darker. Most digital cameras unless you spend $$$$$$$ will do this. I also puchased a USB card reader so I didn't have to hook up my camera to the computer. It's easier for me. My lap top comes with a card reader in it so that's nice too if you have newer computer!

Sue

Hi cruisegirl29. We was on the same cruise as you and I decided to take a peek at your posted pics. I was tickled to find a picture of myself! #86 of your Belize folder is me! My 5yo was looking at pics with me and he also recognized and remembered your girls from AO. I think it was nice for him to see familiar faces from his special trip! Thanks for posting the pics. I hope you guys had as much fun as us!:p

Archived