Carnival Glory St. Thomas immigration process

leruskin

Hi there all-

Just wondering how long it took to get off the boat in St. Thomas. It says we dock at 10am. We are looking to rent dinghy's in St. John and need to be there before 1pm island time (which I believe is an hour ahead of ship time). I know we have to go through immigration be.c we stop in the Bahamas first. Just doubling checking to make sure we can catch the ferry and get to St. John by 1pm (island time). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

You shouldn't have a problem, Laura. I've done this run on the Glory twice in the last 12 months. Both times, we were to port by 9:30. They start immigration within 15 to 20 minutes of docking.

The process of clearing immigration is lining up along the Promenade, walking through the lounge at the back of the ship and showing your passport to one of 2 immigration officers, then passing through into the disco and getting a sticker with your name and birthdate signifying that you have cleared immigration. Once you have your sticker (that you must wear on your shirt as you exit the ship), you can proceed immediately to the gangway.

They call for everyone with tours to the line first. If you have a document with your arranged tour, you should be able to go through the line at that time. Even if you waited until after all ship's tour folks got through, you'd probably be off the ship by 11:00 ship's time.

We always catch a cab to Magen's Bay and, obviously, like to get there as early in the day as possible. So, we sit in the chairs along the promenade and when folks with tours stop entering the line, we just join the line at the end. That's usually about 20 minutes after they call for the people with tours. So far, the latest we've been off the ship is 10:30.

Hello I will tell you we done this 2 years ago and the thing that hapen with us was you get to St.John later so you don't come back till later and the Ferry has a last run like at 3 or 4 not for sure on the time and all the workers from the Island try to get on these Ferry's and let me tell you they are not nice they were fighting with us to get on this and we needed to get back to the boat it was very bad there was like 200 people on this Ferry and all i could think of was going down it was very bad have not sailed that ship since because of this matter :mad:

Hi there all-

Just wondering how long it took to get off the boat in St. Thomas. It says we dock at 10am. We are looking to rent dinghy's in St. John and need to be there before 1pm island time (which I believe is an hour ahead of ship time). I know we have to go through immigration be.c we stop in the Bahamas first. Just doubling checking to make sure we can catch the ferry and get to St. John by 1pm (island time). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Hello right back at you! :)

Is this something new? I haven't been in St Thomas for a couple of years. LAst time I was there, 2003, I think. ALl we did was walk off the ship. Does this have something to do with Homeland Security? Just wondered....:confused:

Luv's Crusin'

Hello right back at you! :)

Is this something new? I haven't been in St Thomas for a couple of years. LAst time I was there' date=' 2003, I think. ALl we did was walk off the ship. Does this have something to do with Homeland Security? Just wondered....:confused:

Luv's Crusin'[/quote']

If you have stopped anywhere outside of the US before arriving in St. Thomas you have to go through immigration. (That does not include SanJuan (US Territory), Key West, etc. but does include Nassau, Half Moon Cay, St. Maarteen).

It is not anything new.

If you have stopped anywhere outside of the US before arriving in St. Thomas you have to go through immigration. (That does not include SanJuan (US Territory), Key West, etc. but does include Nassau, Half Moon Cay, St. Maarteen).

It is not anything new.

Thanks, our last cruise there started in San Juan. :o

Luv's Crusin'

Archived