Drinks - what is included what is not??

newbiewithtoddlers

I am sure this is a stupid question for regulars but I read 8/30 pages on this form, and the carnival website, and cannot find the answer?!

I have heard mixed things from people in passing....some say all but alcohol is included....some say nothing but water and juice....some say all at dinner.....Juice no pop......

I know there is a charge for alcohol - fine!

Is there free coke? Juice ? I have 2 kids and want to know if I should bring some juice boxes for them....and a hubby who likes his coke! lol;)

there is a charge for soda and for bottled water, you can buy soda cards but they only cover fountain soda not cans. Juice is available at the buffet and with breakfast. Milk is available at the buffet or dining rooms.

You can bring some soda or juice one board with you same with bottled water if you like and you can buy more of these in ports.

Here's a list of beverages included:

Regular Coffee (some places charge for things like espresso and latte)

Juice in the buffet and in the main dining room and room service (some will charge you for plain juice in bars and lounges)

Tea---hot and iced

Plain, not bottled, water

Milk, white and chocolate

Hot Chocolate

Soda/Pop is not free, and neither is bottled water, specialty coffees, alcohol, non-alcohol drinks like virgin pina coladas, juice in bars or lounges.

Since you'll be on a Carnival cruise, why not come over to Cruise Critic's Carnival Board....Lots of info for you there.:)

To add a little: Children under the age of twelve can have soft drinks with their meals at no extra charge (dining room only, not Lido buffet area).

From Lido buffet area - There are self-serve machines for water, ice, various juices, lemonade, fruitpunch, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Milk, skim milk, and chocolate milk are in the little 1/2 pint cartons at the buffet.

From Room Service - Coffee, decaf, hot tea, iced tea, hot chocolate, milk, skim milk, chocolate milk, and juice.

In the formal dining room - Coffee, decaf, iced tea, hot tea, milk, chocolate, hot chocolate, juice, and water. You can also have cappuccino and espresso with any meal in the dining room (not on Lido).

Mentioned in an above post were the specialty shops that DO charge for specialty coffees, etc. Since soft drinks are not 'free' on the ship except for the kiddies in the dining room - you are allowed to take a "reasonable amount" of soft drinks on board - and also a bottle or two of wine.

anything you get from a bar will be charged. (at dinner if a bar waiter takes your order-- there is a charge)

You will be asked for you sign and sail card to BUY something.

Your husband can carry on his own soda. soda cards for an adult will cost 45.00 per person for the week.

Room service is free--except a tip that should be given when serive is rendered

Archived