Murder of RC entertainer "Shannon" on St. Thomas

sl0905

I was watching the local 9 news out of Cincinnati, OH and there was a report that an entertainer with the last name "Shannon" was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest yesterday on St. Thomas. He left behind a teenage daughter. The news also stated his wife had died earlier of leukemia. Did anyone else hear about this.

Can't beleive what I just heard... As I was sitting here typing, they just had a story on the news that Blair Shannon was killed by gunshot in the Virgin islands. Blair is an old acquaintence of mine who is a professional comic that has primarily worked the cruise ship circuit for the past years, including many RCCL cruises.

He is from Cincinnati and still resides here with his only daughter.

Apparently, he was on a beach somewhere in the Virgin Islands and was shot. Not a lot of details.

He and I became acquainted years ago when he was first starting in the comedy business. He would rotinely work a lot of the charity projects that I was working on to raise funds for the Summer Camps that I used to work at. His wife was diagnosed with Lukemia (a foundation I worked with) many years ago and passed away almost 8 years ago.

For those of you who are frequent cruisers, you have probably seen him. He has done lots of work for RCCL.

If I hear any more details, I'll let you know. How shocking is this?

Here is a link to a story about Blair that was recently in our major daily newspaper. http://search.cincinnati.com/sp?sId=6149910&cId=3052530&wId=6859&rNum=1&url=htt p%3A%2F%2Fnews.enquirer.com%2Fapps%2Fpbcs.dll%2Far ticle%3FAID%3D%2F20051227%2FENT%2F512270310%2F-1%2Fall&aff=5

Here is a link from a VI news source: http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_home?id=12368355

Archived