NCAA Tournament on Escape

panthers_4890

My wife and I are traveling on the Norwegian Escape next week, which will be during the Round of 32 (Sunday), Sweet 16 and Elite 8 rounds, and we are curious if we'll have any luck finding these games shown anywhere on the ship. I know that ships tend to get the international channel lineups, and the NCAAT games are on CBS networks, so I'm not terribly optimistic. Hoping our Hokies can go a long way this year!

8 hours ago, panthers_4890 said:

My wife and I are traveling on the Norwegian Escape next week, which will be during the Round of 32 (Sunday), Sweet 16 and Elite 8 rounds, and we are curious if we'll have any luck finding these games shown anywhere on the ship. I know that ships tend to get the international channel lineups, and the NCAAT games are on CBS networks, so I'm not terribly optimistic. Hoping our Hokies can go a long way this year!

We sailed on the Getaway twice during the NCAAM tournament and they did show the games but I believe they only showed games on one channel.  We watched at O’Sheehans and in our cabin.  Since you will be on the Escape there is a good chance you could watch in the DBH as well.  I’m not sure if they will show games on the big screens by the pool.

We've watched the games on past cruises, including on the big screen in the atrium. If there's enough interest, and I'm sure there will be, the games might be shown there on the Escape. Otherwise, they'll be shown somewhere else. We're on the March 24 sailing as well. Possible Virginia Tech-Duke matchup in the Sweet 16. Long-time Duke fan here, but I'm not obnoxious about it.

Edited by tooleman56

10 hours ago, panthers_4890 said:

I would say there's an excellent chance you'll get to see some games. I was on the Escape this past July during the World Cup and those games were on every TV on board it seemed, including the big screens by the pool.

A couple of years ago I was on another ship during Wimbledon and got to see many matches on various TV's and again, including the big screen by the pool.

I've also seen the Super Bowl on board a cruise ship and many other sporting events too.

You'll have a great time on the Escape and get to see some games too.

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, tooleman56 said:

We've watched the games on past cruises, including on the big screen in the atrium. If there's enough interest, and I'm sure there will be, the games might be shown there on the Escape. Otherwise, they'll be shown somewhere else. We're on the March 24 sailing as well. Possible Virginia Tech-Duke matchup in the Sweet 16. Long-time Duke fan here, but I'm not obnoxious about it.

Excellent! We’ve bowed out of the tourney in the first round the last two years, so any basketball played beyond this Friday is great with me! But a Sweet 16 with Duke would be gigantic for Tech. Game would be in DC, a huge alumni center for the Hokies, as I’m sure it is for Duke, too. First things first...

Hope to see you aboard—Go Hokies!

A couple of years ago on the Pearl, I hosted the M&G. Asked the Cruise Director about games. She said she didn't know if they would be available, but come Thursday they were available both publicly and in cabins.

She later told me later that due to my question they had gone fleet wide. Don't know if that was true or not, but I was glad to take the credit

GO HOKIES!

Edited by josephmz

8 hours ago, josephmz said:

A couple of years ago on the Pearl, I hosted the M&G. Asked the Cruise Director about games. She said she didn't know if they would be available, but come Thursday they were available both publicly and in cabins.

She later told me later that due to my question they had gone fleet wide. Don't know if that was true or not, but I was glad to take the credit

GO HOKIES!

GO HOKIES, indeed! We will be cheering hard from the Atlantic (if we win on Friday)! Thanks for the responses, everyone. I’m more optimistic than I was last night!!