Stingray, Starfish & Caves Capt. Marvin

sadymichele

I did the Stringray City plus 2 snorkel stops with Captain Marvin last week. Our boat operator gave no snorkel instruction to the families on board ( my daughter and I already knew how to snorkel) and only put lifejackets on the kids after it was apparent that they were struggling in the water, If your kids aren't good swimmers, insist that they use life jackets or at least,  a float noodle. Sorry, we didn't do the caves, but I thought that I better give you a head's up about the snorkeling part. Also their website said that they would take pictures for you (for a fee), but no pictures were taken. I left my camera back on the cruise ship since I thought I really didn't need it.

Let's put it this way, you'll see a lot more star fish if you snorkel. Also adults are able to stand on the sandbar to touch the stingrays, but it isn't shallow enough for a 3 year old's feet to touch the bottom in my opinion. Make sure your younger kids wear a life jacket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As another data point, I did the Captain Marvins Stingray Sandbar and 2 snorkels and they were most definitely taking photos during the stingray encounter part.  It was a very enjoyable trip.  There were several cruisers on the boat - they were taken to the boat from the cruise terminal, but there was plenty of room on the boat - they definitely didn't pack them in.