HAL Fall 2020 to Spring 2021 Deployments - New Releases!

On 3/22/2019 at 4:03 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

In the last week HAL has opened bookings for several regions from fall 2020 to spring 2021.

Westerdam will sail to South America and Antarctica from Buenos Aires and Santiago

Rotterdam will do a one-time 38 day round trip "Voyage of the Incas" from San Diego

Noordam will sail to East Asia/Japan from Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo

Oosterdam will sail to Australia and New Zealand from Sydney and Auckland

Konigsdam fall 2020 to Spring 2021 sailings have also been released - Mix of Mexico and Hawaii cruises from San Diego.

Amsterdam strongly rumored to do a Fall 2020 Grand Africa and normal winter/spring 2021 World Cruise.

Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam, Veendam, Volendam, Zaandam and Zuiderdam also have bulk of deployments in place.

This leaves Maasdam as the only ship in the fleet without rumored or confirmed sailings for the fall to spring 20/21 seasons, so either they are working at refining the EXC inDepth program for her, or they are determining her exit strategy.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

• 4 weeks later...

Grand Africa 2020 cruise is 79 days:  October 3 embarkation in Boston, October 5 in New York, and October 8 in Fort Lauderdale; disembarkation is December 21 in Fort Lauderdale.

Itinerary includes:

Portugal

Morocco

Spain

Tunisia

Malta

Suez Canal

Jordan

Oman

Seychelles

Kenya

Tanzania

Mayotte

Madagascar

Mozambique

South Africa

Namibia

Angola

Ghana

Ivory Coast

Gambia

Senegal

Cape Verde

Puerto Rico 

with 2 days in Aqaba (Petra)

"      "    "      "  Mombasa     and

"     3 days in Cape Town.

The voyage is not yet appearing on HAL's website, I called the World Cruise and Grand Voyages Department Thursday, and the rep told me the voyage would be available for booking "in late May."

I don't believe a roll call has been established.

Cheers,

Dee

cruznragtop@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday afternoon HAL may not need to post this voyage on their website because of the number of "Future Dam Booking Fall Grand Africa" reservations they already have.  The representative to whom I spoke informed me this reservation list numbers "in the hundreds."  Contact will be made via email to either the guest or his or her travel agent "at the end of May."

When buying a Future Dam Booking Fall Grand Africa reservation, the representative told me a guest should specify the stateroom category and three preferred stateroom numbers.

If anyone needs or wants a complete listing of the ports of call, please let me know.

So I am not in a position to go on these awesome long cruises yet, but how do most of you deal with getting on the reservation lists for the Grand Voyages before they become available to the public?  Contact HAL directly? 

Speaking personally, I do not book with Holland America directly, but rather my travel agent does the booking (and saves me a lot of money).  I am not nearly so well traveled as many who post in the HAL forums, but I can think offhand of three means to have a guest's name added to the Future Dam Booking reservation list:

1.  While on a HAL cruise, speak to the future cruise consultant.  He or she will have your name entered on the list for a payment of $100.00 for each guest whose name is listed.

2.  Telephone HAL at 877 SAIL HAL, ask to be transferred to the World Cruise and Grand Voyages desk (they have a direct dial number, but I don't have it handy), speak to a representative and request a Future Dam Booking; in this case you would specify Fall Grand Africa.  Your credit card will then be charged $100.00 for each guest on the reservation.

3.  Email or telephone your travel agent and request a Future Dam Booking.  What follows is outlined in No. 2 above.

A more knowledgeable person may add to the three steps I've outlined above so you may have more options.

Looking forward to seeing your name on a roll call for a HAL World Cruise or Grand Voyage in the future!