Island Princess Library

teacher1977

I see postings regarding the library on the Crown Princess and I experienced that library first hand on the October 2018 Western Med-Transatlantic crossing (a lot of books when I first got on the ship and then a lot were returned the last two days with empty shelves in between---book hogs just like chair hogs abound!).  I would like to know how the library on the Island Princess is.  How is the book selection; are there any current books, paperback or hardback; etc. etc.  Are the board games, playing cards, and puzzles also stored in the library on the Island Princess the way they were on the Crown Princess?  I will be bringing my Kindle but it is sometimes just nice to check out some other options!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teacher1977 said:

I see postings regarding the library on the Crown Princess and I experienced that library first hand on the October 2018 Western Med-Transatlantic crossing (a lot of books when I first got on the ship and then a lot were returned the last two days with empty shelves in between---book hogs just like chair hogs abound!).  I would like to know how the library on the Island Princess is.  How is the book selection; are there any current books, paperback or hardback; etc. etc.  Are the board games, playing cards, and puzzles also stored in the library on the Island Princess the way they were on the Crown Princess?  I will be bringing my Kindle but it is sometimes just nice to check out some other options!

The rooms used for the library on the Crown and the Island are like night-day.

The Island has large chairs looking out large windows on deck 8.

The Island did have a separate game room which was just as big as the library room adjacent on deck 8. The games were stored in cabinets there.

During the major refit they remodeled this game room and made it the excursions desk so they moved the games and puzzles into the library.

As far as the book selection on the Island I could not say.

IMO all the book selections seem to be dwindling on Princess ships in general.

More and more people are bringing electronic books.. so the selection is very small for the book exchange .   Unfortunately, as someone mentioned above.. book hogs arrive early and clean out the library and don’t return them promptly after reading ... so on our recent 69 day cruise on the Coral, sister to the island, VERY slim pickings. 

I use my electronic but also bring some paper backs to leave in the library after reading ... but many don’t reciprocate 😩