First drink

bjtravelnews

My wife will start with White Russians- myself depending on the mood and people either a good beer, Jack and diet Coke, or vodka tonics...……….if we meet a lively bunch of cruisers the wife will switch to the"cute" drink someone else got lol

On 3/29/2019 at 10:04 PM, hilcadon said:

In our first few cruises we always started with the drinks and the souvenir glasses out by the pool.  When we sold our house we got rid of all of our "souvenir glasses" . Great memories, but we were downsizing from the big house and had no room. Now our first drink is a Hendricks dry martini for me with cocktail onions and a hot and dirty martini for my wife.  We toast to a wonderful cruise and it starts out perfectly!!!

What is a hot and dirty martini?

1 hour ago, CardFanDubG said:

I always begin my cruise with a variation of a Moscow Mule that I call Kentucky Mule - Bourbon, Ginger Ale, Orange slice. I created a NCL Beverage list for a Meet & Greet. Here is the Link to the List.

http://grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 

Wow - thanks!   Some of those look very enticing.  

On 3/28/2019 at 8:57 AM, kfnesq said:

For me, my vacation drink of choice (cruising or not), is a French 75.  One, because it's refreshing, and two, because it combines two of my favorite things:  gin and champagne.  A word to the wise--two of these are great, a third will be the devil coming for your soul. 

• 2 ounces  gin (I prefer Plymouth but no one ever has it)
  • ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
  • ¾ ounce simple syrup
  • 2 ounces Champagne
  • Long spiral lemon twist (for serving)

Love this. This is all I can think about now. If I ask for French 75, will they do lemon juice and simple syrup or try to use sweet and sour mix instead?

38 minutes ago, ninan said:

Love this. This is all I can think about now. If I ask for French 75, will they do lemon juice and simple syrup or try to use sweet and sour mix instead?

They absolutely should NOT try to use sour mix, it is definitely not the same. If you tell them how to make it they should be able to. I’ve never had a problem. 

On 3/31/2019 at 6:28 PM, CardFanDubG said:

I always begin my cruise with a variation of a Moscow Mule that I call Kentucky Mule - Bourbon, Ginger Ale, Orange slice. I created a NCL Beverage list for a Meet & Greet. Here is the Link to the List.

http://grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 

Thank you for the list. I have already downloaded it to my computer and will be taking it with me on my cruise in 2020. I think I am going to attempt to make a couple before the cruise to see how I like them. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, noelea626 said:

Thank you for the list. I have already downloaded it to my computer and will be taking it with me on my cruise in 2020. I think I am going to attempt to make a couple before the cruise to see how I like them. Thanks again. 

Your welcome. Enjoy 😎