Bliss or Joy and Glacier Bay

Allstater

Need help deciding between Bliss or Joy to sail Alaska inside passage round trip this summer 2019.  Bliss has better itinerary, going through Glacier Bay.  Joy is about $1000 cheaper for family of 7 (not each) and has reduced airfare that Bliss doesn’t.  Recommendations?

15 minutes ago, Allstater said:

Need help deciding between Bliss or Joy to sail Alaska inside passage round trip this summer 2019.  Bliss has better itinerary, going through Glacier Bay.  Joy is about $1000 cheaper for family of 7 (not each) and has reduced airfare that Bliss doesn’t.  Recommendations?

We struggled with the same decision.  We wanted to be on the Joy but eventually decided on the Bliss because of the itinerary.  Now I'm super glad we chose Bliss since it doesn't look like the Joy has the Thermal Spa Pass - a must have, IMO, for a cold cruise!  

Cruising Glacier Bay was important for us so we went with the Bliss.  The good news is, you can't go wrong on either ship - it will be a great cruise regardless! Good luck!

Have done both itineraries one on the Sky and the other on the Pearl. Tracy Arm Fjord and Sawyer Glacier (aka Holkham Bay) is just as spectacular as Glacier Bay. Now for the rest of the ports - in Juneau the Joy will be there in the morning, the Bliss in the afternoon. Skagway will be all day (some cruises go to Icy Strait Point - I have not been there so no comment. Both trips spend equal time in Ketchikan - the Joy will have a better day in Victoria since the Bliss will arrive in the evening. Some of the cost difference is due to Glacier Bay - NCL has to pay for the permits to enter the park.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, trimom30 said:

We struggled with the same decision.  We wanted to be on the Joy but eventually decided on the Bliss because of the itinerary.  Now I'm super glad we chose Bliss since it doesn't look like the Joy has the Thermal Spa Pass - a must have, IMO, for a cold cruise!  

Cruising Glacier Bay was important for us so we went with the Bliss.  The good news is, you can't go wrong on either ship - it will be a great cruise regardless! Good luck!

Exact reasons why I chose Bliss. Itinerary and thermal spa. It’s vacation and those two were a must.

• Like 1