SUPER-CONQUEST CLASS SHIP

Badgercruiser

You'll have to forgive me. I've been "off the boards" for several months for several reasons so i'm out of the loop on the latest info. But i'm getting ready to plan another cruise soon.I had read about a class of ship coming in a year or so that is actually larger than the Conquest class ships. Does anybody have any information on the ship and especially when it will roll out and from what port? Also Any info on whether Carnival will have any Spirit class ships out of New Orleans? As always thanks for your help. You folks are the greatest.

Carnivale 4-88

Fantasy 5-00

Imagination 9-01

Carnival Conquest 11-02 Inaugural

Mariner of the Seas 11-03 Inaugural

There are plans for a ship larger than RCI's Voyager class but they haven't started building them yet. It seems 2006 was when they said it would start sailing. Nothing has been said about ports or itineraries.

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

There's nothing official from Carnival about a Super-Conquest type ship. Having said that, do not be surprised if Carnival announces a super ship in the near future now that RCCL has announced the "ultra-voyager" will launch in 2006 at 160,000 tons. Never underestimate corporate pride and ego. I doubt it will be Conquest-based since the Destiny design on which the Conquest is based has probably reached its design limit. I would look for an entirely new class of ship, not a stretched Conquest.

As far as Carnival basing a Spirit-class ship in New orleans, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. That's because the Spirit class was designed for high speed (which allows them to cover greater distances in the same number of days as other Carnival ships), making them ideal for Southern Caribbean itineraries or sailings out of New York or other East Coast ports. Since ships sailing out of New Orleans typically do Western Caribbean itineraries, they do not need high speed to reach all the usual ports of call in this part of the Caribbean. I would love to see one of these Spirit-class ships sail out of New Orleans and use their high speed to reach more exotic ports of call further south. Carnival are you reading this?

Boatwht.gif

anybody else vote for a super spirit class??

See my past cruise pics here:

mohavemommy's Cruise Pics

__ /7__/7__/7____

\:::::::::::::::::::/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THE WORLD'S BEST ISLANDS ARE ONES THAT FLOAT AND MOVE. THEY'RE CALLED CRUISE SHIPS."

Carnival Pride Cruise

18 April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

My understanding is that Carnival is looking at options on building something in the 170,000 ton range but no contracts have been signed at this time. Do not look for anymore new ships after the Liberty until at least 2007 or 2008.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

A super-Spirit Class ship is a contradiction in terms. The Spirit Class size was specifically configured so as to allow the largest ship possible and still be able to tranverse the Panama Canal. They are long and sleek to allow faster speeds and just "slip" (106' beam) through the locks.

This size ship allows Carnival to work a ship on both coasts without the exorbitant cost of scheduling a cruise around the southern tip of either South America or Africa.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by glrounds:

A super-Spirit Class ship is a contradiction in terms. The Spirit Class size was specifically configured so as to allow the largest ship possible and _still be able to tranverse the Panama Canal_. They are long and sleek to allow faster speeds and just "slip" (106' beam) through the locks. The new Holland America's Vista-class ships, (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and probably the new Noordam) use the same hull as the Spirit-class for basically the same reason and, of course, the economy of Carnival using duplicate hulls.

This size ship allows Carnival to work a ship on both coasts without the exorbitant cost of scheduling a cruise around the southern tip of either South America or Africa.

Gary icon_cool.gif

http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/Dolphins.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I hit the "QUOTE" key instead of the "EDIT" key ! icon_rolleyes.gif

Dolphins.gif

Archived