Exercise bikes on Ovation??

Dusko

I am sure they have at least one exercise bike on Ovation, maybe even two 😉.  I could imagine that all the exercise equipment is lightly used but would love to hear from someone who has actually used the bike.  Any information about how adjustable it is in terms of load, speed feedback etc. would be great.  Did you notice whether it has ANT sensors to connect to a heart rate monitor?  I normally treat a cruise as an exercise free zone but we have a 25 day trip in July and I am in a race/ride in August so I need to do at least a bit of leg working.

Many thanks for the picture. That’s excellent. Looks like they will pick up a heart rate monitor and give some good feedback. Those big padded seats look terrifying but to be expected. It’s not like I’m riding to get anywhere. 😉

I had a closer look at the Cruise Critic gym photos and the bikes are by “Techno Gym”.

Here’s a link to their website https://www.technogym.com/au/products/shopby/product_type-group_cycling-exercise_bikes.html

The Ovation bikes appear to be either the “Forma”  or the “Excite”

Have you considered bringing one of your own bikes with you ?  (Or might that end in divorce?)

I have seen pax in the past wheeling bikes off the ship, it would be a good workout around some of those Norwegian mountains, especially the road following the train line up from the pier at .Flåm (Aurlandsfjord)/Norway

F7BDC486-E00B-4D69-87BE-8784829BA52A.png

71F17EFC-68FE-4229-9909-64F54DDA642B.png

Edited by SKP946

Thanks so much for doing the research!  Either one of these bikes will more than keep me from totally going to seed on the cruise.  

I smiled led at the idea of taking my own bike.  You are correct, if not divorce at least some serious discussion would happen. 

Thanks again

DW used the bikes on the Ovation while I did weights or used the running machines. The bikes are good and have various programs which she did and found very good. (As a comparison, at home we have our road bikes on trainers and she was happy with the Ovation bikes).  The Ovation gym is excellent and much better than the Odyssey class ships. I also have photos but not with me now but SKP’s shows them well. 

• 1 month later...

Dusko, at great expense i have undertaken to cruise on Ovation for 24 days from Barcelona to Amsterdam to test the bikes in the gym for you🙄

This 10 day section from Barcelona to Lisbon has a rather slack group onboard. Normally when I hit the Gym between 6 and 7 am it’s very busy, so far no-one, nothing, zilch,  people in there.

It doesn’t even smell like a gym, no sweaty bodies! ( I’m loving it.)

Today is a sea day, so far no one this morning ( I was there at 0545) but I’ll check later.

Some of my photos of the gym, the bikes and the bike screen:-

(and for the technical out there (like ab21au) I’m consistently getting Wi-Fi speeds of Download 11 Mbps and Upload between 2 and 6 Mbps. These 6 photos took 5 minutes to load at 7am, at sea off Portugal)

789109E4-1C75-49AF-B1C7-C9B2C10467B6.jpeg

5259D9C8-1D62-4818-AEC9-8A46C62E563A.jpeg

8F6230BD-B2CC-4E89-8D2E-A354C66C8EB3.jpeg

EBF199B1-5139-4DDE-9139-0205F936E257.jpeg

8EB33ABF-3C04-4F2A-989B-E04E6915652D.jpeg

AD3575D4-A494-4156-8473-647539365C24.jpeg

SKP946, my sincere apologies for not responding sooner and my even more sincere thanks to you for going to such great lengths in order to provide me with this information.  You really are a hero.  I had no idea that 0545 actually existed on a cruise ship! I will certainly be trying my workout later in the day.

These are great screenshots and much appreciated.  Let's hope that I haven't raised my own expectations too high.  I'll report at the end of July.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, SKP946 said:

Today is a sea day, so far no one this morning ( I was there at 0545) but I’ll check later.

Is the pool too cold or have you already been there (and SB Square for a treat) 😀

6 minutes ago, ab21au said:

Is the pool too cold or have you already been there (and SB Square for a treat) 😀

Weather shite, cool,( only 13c) in Bilbao for two days and very ️wet; 18c and (very) heavy showers for day one in Bordeaux yesterday. Deck 5 Pool too hot for me as usual (28 to 30c)  but I’m managing my 500m to 600 m  (equivalent) 15 minute tethered swim each morning. Pools were part drained and closed one day as too rough, although Ovation handled the seas very well.

Yes, I am eating🍔and 🍷drinking too much, But I figure I’ll slim off when I hit 🏊‍♂️Melbourne’s winter❄️sea water next month🙄