What's cheap/free near Cozumel's International Terminal?

jaygee77

I'm trying to find out if there's any beach access within walking distance of the International Terminal in Cozumel, that doesn't require an expensive day pass. We have little ones and no car seats, so we're only considering stuff within a mile or so. Last time, we went to Park Royal (?) and paid $50/person for the all-inclusive. But since we won't be staying more than a couple of hours this time, we don't think we'll get our money's worth this time. Do any of the resorts or restaurants offer beach access passes without springing for the food/drink? Or is there anything open to the public that I've somehow missed?

Thanks in advance! 

3 hours ago, jaygee77 said:

I'm trying to find out if there's any beach access within walking distance of the International Terminal in Cozumel, that doesn't require an expensive day pass. We have little ones and no car seats, so we're only considering stuff within a mile or so. Last time, we went to Park Royal (?) and paid $50/person for the all-inclusive. But since we won't be staying more than a couple of hours this time, we don't think we'll get our money's worth this time. Do any of the resorts or restaurants offer beach access passes without springing for the food/drink? Or is there anything open to the public that I've somehow missed?

Thanks in advance! 

There are bars with water access but ironstone so not really suitable for little ones.

there is a small cove at El Cid next to Park Royal which used to have a cheaper access pass with $10 back towards food and drink. You would need to email for current pricing.

• Thanks 1

Thanks - I took your advice and emailed El Cid. They got back to me really quickly with the following. I confirmed afterwards that they do not have a pass for just beach access alone. 

-------

This is the day pass, that our beautiful hotel has:

$49 USD Per Person (11:OO AM - 5:00 PM)

CHILDS: 0 - 6 YEARS OLD FREE

CHILDS: 7 - 11 YEARS OLD $28 USD

CHILDS: 12- 17 YEARS OLD $49 USD

INCLUDES:

Meals & beverages unlimited

All our facilities

Towels

Wi-Fi &                                                                                                

Snorkel Equipment (90 minutes)

The payment for the day pass is in the front desk at your arrival, no need reservation.

4 hours ago, jaygee77 said:

Thanks - I took your advice and emailed El Cid. They got back to me really quickly with the following. I confirmed afterwards that they do not have a pass for just beach access alone. 

-------

This is the day pass, that our beautiful hotel has:

$49 USD Per Person (11:OO AM - 5:00 PM)

CHILDS: 0 - 6 YEARS OLD FREE

CHILDS: 7 - 11 YEARS OLD $28 USD

CHILDS: 12- 17 YEARS OLD $49 USD

INCLUDES:

Meals & beverages unlimited

All our facilities

Towels

Wi-Fi &                                                                                                

Snorkel Equipment (90 minutes)

The payment for the day pass is in the front desk at your arrival, no need reservation.

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if they have changed their policy or if that was a reply from" central reservations. We have chosen El Cid when we just have a couple of hours and have been to Park Royal if we have longer. ( just had a return trip to Park Royal last week!)

Since you only want  a short time, (perhaps after another excursion?) i would be inclined to try the front desk anyway, if you don’t come up with anything better. We have simply done PAYG if we just want to eat a snack and drink, and we have done the “cheap” pass of around $20pp with $10pp back for food and drink, which gives access to facilities - pool wifi etc. This was a available  as recently as December according to this thread

If you go please report back on current situation.

otherwise Villablanca will let you use their pool if you buy food and drinks but i have no idea if they have beach access or if they allow diapers.

Edited by c-leg5