Princess Beach Resort at Mazatlan

chinita415

Does anyone know which resort Princess normally use for the beach resort/shopping excursion in Mazatlan?

We are going on the Royal next week. Figured out the Cabo resort with photos but none for the Mazatlan one.

Didn’t catch the name but we did this excursion last week. Had a great time. Nice pool, open bar, great service. I wasn’t too impressed with the lunch provided but then again, I’m a picky eater. Others enjoyed it. We did have to leave the lounge chairs on the beach though, you can only say “ no thank you” so many times to the many vendors walking the line in front of you.

2 hours ago, Rollexx1910 said:

Didn’t catch the name but we did this excursion last week. Had a great time. Nice pool, open bar, great service. I wasn’t too impressed with the lunch provided but then again, I’m a picky eater. Others enjoyed it. We did have to leave the lounge chairs on the beach though, you can only say “ no thank you” so many times to the many vendors walking the line in front of you.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you remember if it was just a regular pool? I have a 16 months old daughter. We will bring her floatie. Were there enough loungers?

Did you do the excursion with shopping first?

Did you take any photos? Maybe folks can ID it based on those. 

1 hour ago, chinita415 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Do you remember if it was just a regular pool? I have a 16 months old daughter. We will bring her floatie. Were there enough loungers?

Did you do the excursion with shopping first?

Did you take any photos? Maybe folks can ID it based on those. 

The pool was nice. Had a water slide at one end. About 3 feet on other side of bridge. Seats in water by bar. Plenty of lounge chairs. They took us to shopping area first then to resort. 

D075B64E-D083-44E1-9988-E912100803EA.jpeg

a few more questions Rollexx...

Was there any sitting area at the shopping area? Trying to decide if we need to bring the wheelchair for my mother in law. Also, what type of vehicle from cruise port (van or large coach)?

It was a large coach. They dropped us off in front of a very nice, rather upscale Silver jewelry store where we were to meet back at in about an hour and a half. The store had seating inside and complementary water. Didn’t notice many places to sit while walking in town though other than the restaurants and bars. I should mention.. they do not drop you off right by the ship where you got on. They drop you off just at the edge of the port and you have to walk thru another shopping area and then get on a trolly that will take you back to ship. Not that far though.

Edited by Rollexx1910
Added thought

45 minutes ago, Rollexx1910 said:

It was a large coach. They dropped us off in front of a very nice, rather upscale Silver jewelry store where we were to meet back at in about an hour and a half. The store had seating inside and complementary water. Didn’t notice many places to sit while walking in town though other than the restaurants and bars. I should mention.. they do not drop you off right by the ship where you got on. They drop you off just at the edge of the port and you have to walk thru another shopping area and then get on a trolly that will take you back to ship. Not that far though.

Thanks. We will take the wheelchair for sure then. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to report back we had a lovely day last week. The tour guide took us to the Golden Zone (Av. Playa Gaviotas by Hotel Plaza Mazatlan) for shopping. Then to the Luna Palace. When we got there, plenty of deck chairs and service was EXCELLENT. We were right by the wall above the palapas. Bought stuff from vendors below (beach cover, mangos) but were not hassled. The later group that arrived though didn't seem to all get loungers and sat at tables outside the buffet.

We had a good time and it was exactly what I was looking for this time. Hope to come back in the future to explore the city.

!Gracias, y que le vaya bien!